• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrading from last years TD powertrail kit

sheetwright

Northwoods Snowmobiling Facebook
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha SRX
I'm switching from the Turbo Dynamics powertrail 265 kit I have now, and the Thunder products clutching for the following:
* TD Max pump 17 (off of the bundle map)
* 3- bar map sensor
* Dalton clutching with 73 gram weights
* TD performance clutch setup with glide washers
* TD BOV
* TD cold air intake
* belt adjuster with float
* Ulmers blue intercooler tubes
* Reusing the 911 clutch cover from Thunder products
* Reusing the turbo Dynamics 2.5" trail quiet
* Thinking I may try the Yamaha belt for the first few miles.

Switching my 1.5 gold diggers to 1.62 triggers for a bit more grab

Mike and Ben have been a great help with picking out the items for the most dependable hp on pump gas. Love their service and constant work to get the most out of these sleds.
Now all I need is some snow! Cant wait to try this out this year.

Attachments

• 20180618_160933.jpg
    20180618_160933.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 219

Y switch to Dalton’s thunderproducts will work with a minor adjustment on max 17?

Y switch to Dalton’s thunderproducts will work with a minor adjustment on max 17?
Just seems an easier way to go..... the Thunder products is good quality, but I could never get to the higher mph of my stock gearing. I'm sure with more time, and knowledge about clutch setup i could make the Thunder products work. Im going to switch up my stud style, belt and clutching to Ben's recommended setup. That way if its off a bit I'm only talking to one vendor to fix an issue I may have at that time. With a little one at home I get less riding time. Which means less testing time. I need the sled to be close to its potential when im ready to ride.

Back