• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper mess free oil drain

Hey guys. I tried to buy one from Ulmer but the item never charged my card nor did the order actually ship despite getting a order conformation email. I tried for over a month to call and email Ulmer without luck. I need to get my sled's maintenance done, soon and I want this oil change to be my last messy one. Is anyone other than Ulmer still selling this? If not, does someone have a parts list with part numbers? If not, I'm just going to designing my own...

Save your money, and just remove the rivets from the belly pan piece on the oil tank side. Screw it back on when done, you will wonder why you waited so long to do this. TRUST ME. Just noticed, Getting Winder Ready, in SideWinder section just did to BOTH sides. Now I have to do the OTHER side.

Last edited:
Thanks Swampcat. What did you use, standard sheet metal screws? Do you know the size off the top of your head? I really want the valve for one reason, I have the belly protectors... I plan on cutting an access hole by the oil filter and routing the oil drain to the same spot. If I can't figure out what valve to use, I will likely go with your suggestion.

I reached out to him over the weekend. No response yet. I'm sure he will chime in. Just was wondering if anyone else had information. I'm chomping at the bit to get this going. I have 2800 miles and I'm about to dig into the chain case. I'm worried about the bushings and gears after watching cannondale's posts. Since the oil take is attached to the chain case, I want to do this all in one go.

I really like the kit. Convenient and the stock use of a o ring on drain bolt without a groove is just a really crummy design. That's one bolt that for sure should be torqued but sure never feels right going in.

Back