• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

Installed my Ramp and sub floor in the bed of my truck, checked my primary clutch to verfy I lined up the X marks when installing my gr/gr primary sping and then added some fresh gas, started the sled and then put it away in the garage.
Ready and waiting For SNOW up north! :-o

moved sled from storage into garage and charged up battery. got side tracked as i have enough snow that i need to plow but ice not safe yet. still waiting on some skid parts............

After all the changes last year, I kept it very minimum this year.

Marginal Snow Kit (my own design)
Change oil & filter
Change to CR10EK plug
Grease front and rear.
Wait for snow
Sigh!

Rode it around the yard.....

Relocated skid installation brackets and made a new tunnel reinforcement to accomodate the new bracket location. (Im converting my 121/144 to a 153" for this season.

Disassembled the exhaust and welded some cracks.

Ordered a new track today! Went with a freeride as I am expecting to have a lot of snow in the next few years lol.

Whatever I get first in the mail (skid parts i sent out or the track) is what I work on first.

I gota say I really like the chain case of the phazer over my father's T660. It looks much much better built and it is much easier to work in since the reverse is not in the case. Less things to deal with.

Cleaning my spedo bearing turned into changing it to getting a new track...

My original track was starting to get into rough shape anyway.

Oil, carbides, clutching

Put some Bergstrom triple point carbides on with shim kit on my 2011 xtx apex and machined the clutches for overdrive + oil change with Yamalube, greased and ready for winter.

Had my titanium exhaust replaced with stainless steel on my 06 apex..fn things were flimsy and failing where they join. $$$$. Also had new ice ripper track installed . Ripsaw was falling apart..but 6 yrs on it was amazing..new back flap..3rd one..this one is angled waaaaaaaassy out..hope I don't run over it..and some new bolts in clutch so belt doesn't squuuuueeeeeeeeeek anymore..2400.00 bucks later :-(. Oh oil change and painted skid with that too..and hyfax...phew

Installed windshield bag
Greased left side driveshaft/jackshaft bearings
Installed HalfBaked skid Arms and revalved shock
Charged battery

This thing is ready to go. I bought it last year and only put on 80 miles due to snow conditions and not having a trailer. I am dying to let her loose this weekend. I have 2 weeks off for xmas, will be riding a ton.

snowxwi said:
Installed windshield bag
Greased left side driveshaft/jackshaft bearings
Installed HalfBaked skid Arms and revalved shock
Charged battery

This thing is ready to go. I bought it last year and only put on 80 miles due to snow conditions and not having a trailer. I am dying to let her loose this weekend. I have 2 weeks off for xmas, will be riding a ton.
Where are you going?

We're getting up to 10 inches of snow today. May have to take a quick trip thru the neighborhood-having knee surgery on Friday and I feel the NEED!!!

David

Re: Oil, carbides, clutching

icebreaker said:
Put some Bergstrom triple point carbides on with shim kit on my 2011 xtx apex and machined the clutches for overdrive + oil change with Yamalube, greased and ready for winter.

Icebreaker, did you also purchase/install the Bergstrom Ski savers?

If so, did you find the ski savers were wider than the bottom part of your keel?

I purchased some last year and while installing the skegs and savers, I noticed the savers were wider than the bottom of my Curve ski keel?

I never put them on the sled due to the crappy conditions but plan to this year but I am curious if they should be cut down first to just the width of the keel?

removed rear skid today before work.

Back