• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What lenght carbides you running on your phazer

STORM-CHASER

TY 4 Stroke Guru
What lenght carbides you running on your phazer, You guys without studs, what lenght carbide are you running up front, cant decide between 4 or 6 , need to get the stock ones off.

should of hooked up could of experienced the 6inch woodys i run on my gt oh well theres always next year they will definately turn hell over if your not to carefull

Attachments

• march 3rd,08 013.JPG
    march 3rd,08 013.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 67
  • march 3rd,08 014.JPG
    march 3rd,08 014.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 66
  • march 3rd,08 015.JPG
    march 3rd,08 015.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 63
  • march 3rd,08 016.JPG
    march 3rd,08 016.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 60
  • march 3rd,08 017.JPG
    march 3rd,08 017.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
phaze5 said:
should of hooked up could of experienced the 6inch woodys i run on my gt oh well theres always next year they will definately turn hell over if your not to carefull

I love to compare the gt ride to the fx. the fx is really my wifes but I wanted something I could play on. boy rideing it you would never know its 80 hp. I think yamaha has a winner her just a few bugs to work out. I got a gt windshield on the way.

STORM-CHASER said:
phaze5 said:

I love to compare the gt ride to the fx. the fx is really my wifes but I wanted something I could play on. boy rideing it you would never know its 80 hp. I think yamaha has a winner her just a few bugs to work out. I got a gt windshield on the way.
she would probably loveit my gt windshield sits on the wall unless it is killer cold out just doesnt look as cool without it or ride as cool i guess what im saying is bundle up its a pretty coooool ride!!!!!!!!!!!!! who would of thought 80ponies could be so much fun on the snow . i giggle most at the gas pump lol!!!!

I like my front end to hook up so I threw my stock runners out after 90 miles and replaced them with 8" Woodys. It was a tremendous improvement but the limiter strap also needed to be shortened and the center shock softened to really improve the handling. The Phazer is not a sit and point sled it is an arobic workout if you really want to run in the twisties.

30yearsleder said:
The Phazer is not a sit and point sled it is an arobic workout if you really want to run in the twisties.

You can say that again. Trying to ride fast for 200+ miles a day is exhausting

you run 8" with studs or no studs?

I ran 1400+ miles this season with out studs I did however plan on studing it and even put 96 holes in my track. But I think that this sled would be much improved with a 136" rail extension and track. Being a tall sled it should have a longer wheel base to improve handling. So I am planning to do that later this year and did not stud it because of that.

I think the 6" carbides are best for a non-studded Phazer. I love the 6 inchers on the trail. However, I got stuck on a sheet of ice!! The new carbides bit into the ice and the non-studded track just spun. I looked like an idiot trying to get unstuck on glare ice with a snowmobile. When I got off to push I fell on my #*$&@. When I rocked the sled, the other Carbide would just dig in further. arrgh! :o| A little cardboard under the carbides helped me get off the ice

Ya that was my main concern with going too big, along with a higher steering effort. But than again I've gotten stuck on ice with stock 4" carbides sooo

I put on 6" Stud Boy shapers with 96 studs. I am impressed with the turning and it feels pretty balanced with the studs.

Back