• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the formula for Horsepower & lug height in powder

Tal

Extreme
Here's a general question:

Say you have a 136" track, with the same horsepower but different lug height or if you have the same track length and lug height, but more horsepower - which one does more for you to get up on top of deep powder?

I'm wondering if adding more horses to the same track is better than keeping the same horses and getting a deeper lug, lengthening the track is not an option.

What do you think? I have no idea and would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Riding and climbing in deep powder has alot to do with track speed. The faster you can get your track spinning the better. Adding more power to yous sled should make more track speed with the right gearing of course.

Also alot can be said for power to weight ratio....I just recently got back from Revelstoke BC and one of my buddies told me to take my seat, gas jug and backpack off and make a pass at the mountain we were climbing....No BS I highmarked at least 20 feet higher than before!!

My sled (136") had a 1 1/4 ripsaw on it from factory and i changed it to a 2 inch Challenger. As long as u have clearance by your drivers go Big or go home!!

Back