• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is running TAPP Primary clutch??

Haven't even rode the sled yet, and had all the goodies for the stock clutching ready to go for the Hurricane 270 tune. TP 911 cover, primary & secondary rollers, & belt adj. Dalton, DTYA-1's, B/O spring, billet 35/39 helix, XS825. Wanted to "bulletproof" the setup as much as possible before it even hit the snow. Season is way to short and trips are way to valuable and the last thing you want is a belt blower, breaking components, etcetc. When its all said and done, you still hear horror stories about the stock clutching. Decided to scratch plan 1 and bite the bullet: TAPP and PRO4. Didnt receive the PRO4 yet and will update pics when installed. View attachment 151976

Agreed. Season is way too short, so I called Tom at Tommcat Performance today for a Pro 4 too. Nice guy, straight shooter. What helix and spring did you get in your Pro 4? I'd be interested in what others are running in their Pro 4's. I told Tom how I ride (corner to corner as fast as humanly possible), and he advised on a 43/34 Dalton helix and black/purple Dalton spring.

Agreed. Season is way too short, so I called Tom at Tommcat Performance today for a Pro 4 too. Nice guy, straight shooter. What helix and spring did you get in your Pro 4? I'd be interested in what others are running in their Pro 4's. I told Tom how I ride (corner to corner as fast as humanly possible), and he advised on a 43/34 Dalton helix and black/purple Dalton spring.

He set mine all up/did all my work, and that’s exactly what I have in mine too.

Those running the TAPP/PRO4 setup what are you getting for the offset? No one seems to have an actual # ( measurement ) yet.

Call Tom at Tommcat Performance, he has his own way of setting them up/aligning them.

I just took a 120-180 secondary spring out of my Pro-4 and put the Dalton white 98-165 back in to test with the +1 rollers and lightest bolts. I believe a total arm weight of 20 grams but i'll have to check my notes. Same Helix.
what size rollers did you get with the TAPP?

is the TAPP quiet vs stock primary? what is the performance compared to stock? what is the cost? seems like the way to go, was thinking about the snub shaft but before being into over $500 on shaft money might be better spent if put toward a TAPP?

is the TAPP quiet vs stock primary? what is the performance compared to stock? what is the cost? seems like the way to go, was thinking about the snub shaft but before being into over $500 on shaft money might be better spent if put toward a TAPP?

TAPP is super quiet. I haven’t been able to test/try mine out yet(next week hopefully), but from others who have, the performance is fantastic compared to the stock junk Winder primary.

It’s $1400.00...so it’s quite expensive unfortunately, but it’s incredibly high quality and extremely heavy duty.

Stock primary isn’t even close to being in the same class/and can’t compare to the craftsmanship of the TAPP.

Unfortunately with my new sled and zero miles I put my TAPP on and after a few miles I did develop the dreaded stub shaft rattle. The more I drove it the more it got louder. I think the rattle is the luck of the draw. If you are looking to stop the stub shaft rattle with this clutch I would not be too positive it will. There is a chance it will change the harmonics of the rattle and it might make your particular sled quieter but in my case it did not stop it from developing. I hate that rattle especially since my 1100 turbo was silently quiet and almost as powerful.

I just took a 120-180 secondary spring out of my Pro-4 and put the Dalton white 98-165 back in to test with the +1 rollers and lightest bolts. I believe a total arm weight of 20 grams but i'll have to check my notes. Same Helix.
what size rollers did you get with the TAPP?

I went with the +1 rollers based on what you and others recommended. What do you anticipate/expect to change with putting the Dalton white back in? What didn't you like about your previous setup? Thanks.

I went with the +1 rollers based on what you and others recommended. What do you anticipate/expect to change with putting the Dalton white back in? What didn't you like about your previous setup? Thanks.
I started with the white, from Tomcat, and struggled with RPM at the end of last year. I installed the 120-180 spring at the beginning of this year before installing the +1 rollers. It is the same spring used by some 1100t sleds around here that are tuned to 260-290. It did what I expected but I still would like to be lighter in the secondary if possible. It seems to me big secondary springs are inefficient. I may have to go back to it, we will see.

Hi @STAIN
Do you know the overdrive capacity you can achieve with this setup?

The TAPP was set up with +1 Rollers, Black spring, Arms empty with shortest bolt, all ramps on "A" and clickets on "3". PRO4 is set up with 43/34, Black/Purple. Here is where some "conflicting" opinions come into play. Dave is a firm believer of the 8DN belt, Tom says he likes the XS. Both had their recommended ways of setting the offset, but neither had a solid # ( measurement ). Tom said that he may come out with a tool/jig to set offset with this combo. When I install the PRO4 ( as recommended ) I will measure the offset and report back. Just curious what others are getting.

PRO4 is in. Stock bolt doesn't work in adjuster. Choice was to either lathe down the flange, and find a socket to fit in the adjuster, or go with a Socket head bolt. OFFSET is at 59.1 mm ( still curious as to what others are at to compare ) Engagement is right around 3600
005.JPG

PRO4 is in. Stock bolt doesn't work in adjuster. Choice was to either lathe down the flange, and find a socket to fit in the adjuster, or go with a Socket head bolt. OFFSET is at 59.1 mm ( still curious as to what others are at to compare ) Engagement is right around 3600View attachment 152042
How exactly are you measuring offset? Are you using a special tool or is there a way to do with more common items? I'm very interested in what offsets people are running and want to measure my own in the same way for comparison.

Back