• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who is running TAPP Primary clutch??

Stain,
Great info here and thanks for sharing.

Can you attest to any performance gains with these clutches such as faster et, topend etc???
Defiantly quicker, smoother. I cant say about top end as I have to yet have it to top speed.

Stain,
Great info here and thanks for sharing.

Can you attest to any performance gains with these clutches such as faster et, topend etc???

If your clutching setup is correct with the stock clutches, there will be no performance gain in going to the TAPP clutch or any other clutch.

If your clutching setup is correct with the stock clutches, there will be no performance gain in going to the TAPP clutch or any other clutch.
I have to disagree. I could not get the stock clutch to upshift as aggressively while maintaining proper belt squeeze as the TAPP. It pulls harder off the bottom than any other stock set up I tried EXCEPT Heelclicker Draggin Flies. It seems similar to those weights.
Top speed, I will agree.

Definitely better on take off, acceleration, top end shifts right out depending on gearing.just saying

Well that’s just it....nobody can seem to get the set up correct, and keep all the other parameters in check as well! So with JUST that being said Alone...I think the TAPP will out perform the stock clutch all day long. And last a whole hell of a lot longer doing so...

Also it’s a 4 arm High performance Billet aluminum clutch...meant to deliver outstanding belt squeeze and very aggressive shifting....how could that alone not work better than the stock primary?

Definitely better on take off, acceleration, top end shifts right out depending on gearing.just saying

I think reliability is probably the number one improvement, number two will be the improved belt tension down low. The 43 start angle on the STM or Pro4 secondary is super responsive. I ran a 44 start angle and loved it but I needed a bit more weight down low, but my weights were full in the heel.
:drink:

The real world acceleration improvement is significant. A flyweight style clutch struggles to match the belt squeeze the Tapp easily achieves. It's just geometry and physics...maybe some engineer here can prove it on paper, but the real world difference is big.

The real world acceleration improvement is significant. A flyweight style clutch struggles to match the belt squeeze the Tapp easily achieves. It's just geometry and physics...maybe some engineer here can prove it on paper, but the real world difference is big.

And this was my point...good post. Real world is where we ride!

Conditions are different everyday, if your anal, you can adjust on trail side simply by changing clicker position.

Yea I really like those clickers for quick adjustment on my old Ski-Doo!

Anal reminds me to much of running down dirty trails, too much scratchy goin on if yer girls been eating corn nuts.

:rofl::drink:

I just got my TAPP yesterday. For you corner-to-corner blasting, 0-100 mph-matters-most guys, what are your setups with the clickers (what number?), ramps (A or B?), and weights? I'm not worried about top-end. Thanks.

Quietest clutch I've ever heard. Thing doesn't make a peep! Now just need my Pro 4 from Tom at Tommcat and we'll be good to go.

PRO4 is in. Stock bolt doesn't work in adjuster. Choice was to either lathe down the flange, and find a socket to fit in the adjuster, or go with a Socket head bolt. OFFSET is at 59.1 mm ( still curious as to what others are at to compare ) Engagement is right around 3600View attachment 152042
what belt is r u using with the Tapp and pro 4 ?

Back