• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WNYS Yamaha ride----January 18-21

Wow! I say lets forget I ever even talked about this WNY ride. To Fast, To slow,To bumpy, to Tight, To many Roads, To Far, To short, Not enough leaders, Back Hurts Wah! I'll go myself. Have a good winter! Don't need the hassle! Life is way to short!

Dont worry about it Honk. The lack of snow (so far) has everyone a bit on edge/nervous..lol. Once the snow hits and everyone shows up for the TY ride everything will work out just fine. Just remember...ya cant please everyone. Just set your date(s) and set your direction for the day and put on some miles. Things will fall into place. I have planned a alot of large events in the past and although they can be a royal PITA...they always seem to be well worth the effort.

Honk,
I will definitely see you in January ;)!

If by some freak of nature I end up with better snow conditions than you then I will show you some great riding around my place :-o

Holy Crimony!! The ride thread turned into a Soap Opera!! I think we need SNOW and RIDING!! Everyone is gettin a little bit over-stressed.

Attachments

• atwt2000.jpg
    atwt2000.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 98
RX-1MAN said:
Honk,
I will definitely see you in January ;)!

X2. See ya in January as long as the conditions are good. been wanting to ride western NY for some time now. Proabably have a Doo buddy from Ohio (former Yamaha guy) meet up with us.

If snow dont pan out, see ya in Marathon, Mapledale, or Tug Hill........did somebody say Freeman?!?!?! maybe we can do the ride there as choice #2?

Just made the room reservations for Steve and myself. Like you said Dave, no special room rates for the Totally Yamaha gang. However the person making the reservation said she would have the owner call me back some time, because someone else told her something about a special rate for our group. Maybe it was you. See everyone in a little over 1 month. Just started to snow at my house. Looks like some good Lake effect up on the Tug from Friday into Saturday.

Honk said:
Wow! I say lets forget I ever even talked about this WNY ride. To Fast, To slow,To bumpy, to Tight, To many Roads, To Far, To short, Not enough leaders, Back Hurts Wah! I'll go myself. Have a good winter! Don't need the hassle! Life is way to short!

LMAO!!!!!!! Couldn't have been said better. After not checking the post for several days I thought for a moment I had clicked on the wrong website. In my humble opinion, it's all good. Adaptation is part of the game and half the fun. Regardless of terrain or conditions or speeds, I always make the most of it.

I'll be there with great anticipation, enthusiasm and total appreciation. Never even a mere utterance of complaint!

:rules

WNY TY Ride

Grizz if you end up leading a group, you have to let me know. No matter who leads, I'll be in for 2-3 days of fun (wifey works midnights). I probably will just trailer and meet up with you guys and i might be bringing one of my brothers(Doo rider) with me. Please keep me posted. I agree with Grizz, you can do 175 miles, but its all day, Gowanda to letchworth and back might be closer to 200 miles. The week days on the ridge will be just as good as Old Forge if we have snow.

Tug Hill

If there is anybody that regularly rides Tug Hill area, I usually ride there during the week, I usually start from Montague Inn or Carthage depending on how the snow coverage is in the lower elevations, most times I go alone, but am always up for some riding partners, if anyone wants to go this year on the hill and wants another friend to ride with, let me know.

LMAO!!!!!!! Couldn't have been said better. After not checking the post for several days I thought for a moment I had clicked on the wrong website. In my humble opinion, it's all good. Adaptation is part of the game and half the fun. Regardless of terrain or conditions or speeds, I always make the most of it.

I'll be there with great anticipation, enthusiasm and total appreciation. Never even a mere utterance of complaint!

Thank YOU for those kind words!

I'm going out on a limb here and will predict EPIC conditions for the ride. Huge base, groomer ribbons in front of us and temps around 10 degrees. Mother Nature has gotta make up for the mild November and December we had thus far!

WNY PAT said:
I'm going out on a limb here and will predict EPIC conditions for the ride. Huge base, groomer ribbons in front of us and temps around 10 degrees. Mother Nature has gotta make up for the mild November and December we had thus far!

I am holding you to this...so ya better make good and pull some strings or do whatever you got to do!! Hope the weather turns real soon and the LES machine over Lk. Erie kicks into action

NY AttakGT said:
I am holding you to this...so ya better make good and pull some strings or do whatever you got to do!! Hope the weather turns real soon and the LES machine over Lk. Erie kicks into action

The pattern has GOT to change soon. And when it does, I'm going to be ready. And there will be epic conditions. :)

Back