• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WNYS Yamaha ride----January 18-21

What are u guys thinkin... Tug Hill??? My friend has a camp up there and we may go next weekend and hopefully catch up with u guys if u go there

Mhmm that's strange I thought tug had some we almost went up this weekend but my friends dad needed the truck. Well I wouldn't cancel it yet. My dad is best friends with the owner of our local ski mtn and he has a friend who watches the weather and for the most part is spot on. He claims next week were getting a huge storm!!!

We are gonna need a bunch of snow and sharply colder weather. Both are possibilities. My fingers are crossed! I would never have thought when this ride was being planned that it might be the first time I really put a full day in on my Nytro. This winter officially sucks! Well, unless we as riding until April that is!

Thats wishfull thinking, there haven't been to many good aprils that I can recall in the last 35 years. But who knows! I'm still looking for SNOW! KeepPrayin guys!

Honk - Old Forge area! Around here, yeah, slim to none in mid to late March much less April OTOH, this winter has been an unbelievable disappointment so far. I remember lots with minimal snow but I could always trailer to Tug Hill or Old Forge or down to PA or something. Seems someone within 5 hours or so would always have decent conditions. As you said, no one has snow. Not the UP, not southern Ontario, heck not even Maine! I can't remember anything like it! And I am prayin' for this weekend and early next week. If it doesn't pan out, are we planning on pushing it back a couple weeks?

The lake effect for this weekend, at this time does not seem like it is going to be a big deal. Maybe a few areas that get a few inches, but probably not enough to ride. There is a chance for a decent storm by the middle of next week, but by then it will be too late for our ride. I hate to say it, but it looks like another possible warm up by about the 23rd or 24th for a few days. I just got back from a 1 mile ride in the field across from my house. We are down to about 2" of snow, but at least it is a solid 2". Skis were hardly breaking through. Really not a lot of snow on tug hill either at this time. I was up there This past Friday. Conditions were good in the morning, but by mid afternoon, the middle of the trails were getting worn pretty thin. I can't believe it is the 10th of January and I only have 372 miles on this season.

Not looking pretty.....ANYWHERE in NY! HOPEFULLY, weather sites are correct saying snow in WNY for Fri-Sun and then again starting again Tues (1/17) Weds, and Thurs. BBW, maybe you could comment better on the weather predictions?

If not in WNY, hopefully we will be able to ride somewhere in NY.

At this point, I am keeping my options open. I know I, myself, would not take the almost 6 hour ride out to WNY unless the conditions are at least GOOD....meaning like a 6-7 out of 10.

NY AttakGT said:
At this point, I am keeping my options open. I know I, myself, would not take the almost 6 hour ride out to WNY unless the conditions are at least GOOD....meaning like a 6-7 out of 10.

At this point I'm thinking we would be lucky if conditions were even 6-7. Since there is no base, even if WNY got a foot or two middle of next week, it would not hold up.

We should be able to make the call if ride should be postponed or cancelled after the potential lake effect Thursday-Sunday is totalled.

Theres a 24 hour no-fee cancel for those that made the reservations. Weatherman claims friday afternoon and that the snow will be here each day for 5 days, but like someone said above it really doesn't matter.No base now so conditions will not be great no matter what happens by next weds. The locals will ride but not good enough for our group of high milers. Sorry guys! Hope we can figure something else out, I for one enjoy your smiling faces and your riding skills match very closly to mine. Here,Here as I raise a glass to you all! See ya when we get some snow!

Honk said:
Theres a 24 hour no-fee cancel for those that made the reservations. Weatherman claims friday afternoon and that the snow will be here each day for 5 days, but like someone said above it really doesn't matter.No base now so conditions will not be great no matter what happens by next weds. The locals will ride but not good enough for our group of high milers. Sorry guys! Hope we can figure something else out, I for one enjoy your smiling faces and your riding skills match very closly to mine. Here,Here as I raise a glass to you all! See ya when we get some snow!

And I raise a glass of the good Captain and Coke to you sir! We will get a ride in this winter...come hell or high water!!

Booooooo. Does this mean we are officially pulling the plug on the planned WNY trip for next week? Or are we gonna wait it out til Monday?

If not WNY,might I suggest Tug Hill, Freeman Hotel? IF there is even snow up there.....fer cryin out loud!!

I'm game for the Freeman but not too confident the hill will have good snow conditions by then. Right now the Adirondacks are getting snow while the rest of us are getting our a**es soaked. Dare I say Cranberry Lake could actually be rideable next week. Anyone following this post who lives up that way please give us a report.

I'm game to ride wherever we actually end up having decent snow as I sure as hell don't want to have to go to work next week.

Back