• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WNYS Yamaha ride----January 18-21

4+ inches overnight in Allegany Co with more to come. Chautauqua and Cattaraugus Co should get considerably more once the lake effect snow cranks up today.

Reported on the weather tonight that area around Redfield received about 12" and said they can expect probably 7-10 more by the end of all this tomorrow.
I measured about 9" on my deck between Syracuse anf Fulton where I'm somewhat protected from the wind, but where the wind is blowing there may only be a couple inches.

The weather channel reported Friday night that the Chautauqua area received 12+ inches of snow.

Decisions decisions.......

Honk.....guess you are making the call whether you think it is worth the trip out.....OR should we postpone WNY until the trails can set up better? I am sure even a foot and a half of snow ain't much for what were snow-less trails. That and figuring in this is MLK weekend which I am sure will bring higher traffic to the area(and all other areas).

Most places around Tug Hill are reporting 12" plus. I don't think the Adirondacks (Cranberry Lake) got nearly as much. Even Turin was reporting 10-12"..moving east towards Brantingham, totals were significantly less.

Whaddaya think there Mr Meteorologist (BBW)?

I have 20" on the ground and its still coming. Its to early to say how the trails will be in a few days. As of now I say no.

RX-1MAN said:
Forgot to also say I vote for The Freeman as our start point for the pending TY ride.

Consensus? Freeman....Tug Hill? Or is the verdict still out?

Honk..you gonna join us buddy? Got a bottle of Captain with your name on it!

Let me know a head count if it is The Freeman and I will make a call up there tomorrow to confirm accommodation availability.

Just got back from checkin trails by car. We received another 6 to7 inchs today with a total of 30" The groomers are out panning, and the idiots are ruining it as quickly as they can. We are in need of more to make that base solid. Just watched the latest weather report, and they claim some rain on monday changing to snow at night. It will continue into tuesday, with more lake effect weds, thurs, and not as much on friday. So right now i would say no, but can we wait and see what kind of rain is coming monday and make the call monday night? What do You all say??? see you guys somewhere soon!

NY AttakGT said:
I like this part, Dave. " If you can't see where your going SLOW down and go carefully until you find the trail."

Guy better be careful else he might find himself in a ditch trying to get back to the super-luxurious Le-Hav Motel!!

I knew where I was going, the trail moved :o|

Back