• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WNYS Yamaha ride----January 18-21

RX-1MAN said:
I'm game for the Freeman but not too confident the hill will have good snow conditions by then. Right now the Adirondacks are getting snow while the rest of us are getting our a**es soaked. Dare I say Cranberry Lake could actually be rideable next week. Anyone following this post who lives up that way please give us a report.

I'm game to ride wherever we actually end up having decent snow as I sure as hell don't want to have to go to work next week.

Yea...Cranberry/Star Lake area looks the best, thus far. I am game for wherever there is snow. Have sled, will travel!!

We will just have to leave it open-ended and make a last minute decisions, best conditions win.....and pending accommodation availability, as well.

Unfortunately, it is what it is. Just got to roll with the punches!

Any other opinions?

Was just talking to a friend at work who has family up north and right now they are getting a wicked ice storm. They have gotten an 1 1/2" inches of ice today and almost no snow on the ground. He has a camp and showed me his security connection and temp was 28f but not snowing.

You're gonna need a snow storm of epic proportions to ride in NY by next week.

I'd cancel your vacations and bank them for the coming weeks and hope things improve.

Cranberry Lake is in the Northwestern side of Adirondacks. I am sure Tug Hill will have good ridable snow my Thursday of Next week. I'd rather ride Tug Hill, then the roads of the Cranberry Lake area. Oh thats right, I guess we did find a trail that wasn't closed for logging for a few miles up there.

z24thugg said:
WHere is cranberry lake

Here ya go. Again, probably a GREAT place to ride if alot of the trails were not shut down and we had to resort to ALOT of road riding...not fun!

Attachments

• Cran Lake copy.jpg
    Cran Lake copy.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 166
BIG BLACK WARRIOR said:
I am sure Tug Hill will have good ridable snow my Thursday of Next week. I'd rather ride Tug Hill, then the roads of the Cranberry lake.

I sure hope you're right! You are the resident meteorologist so I certainly defer to you. Keepin my fingers crossed.

Some trails were closed up there last year due to logging. Wouldn't think they would still be logging but could certainly find out. Been a heck of a lot colder up that way than it has been on the tug. Guessing there will be quite a bit of water under the snow the hill gets. I plan on riding somewhere so if hill is where we end up so be it.

Also read on another forum that several trails around Boonville area shut down by landowners due to sleds being out on minimal snow conditions. Didn't sound like they would be opening again once there is rideable snow.

Cranberry Lake Area looking better by the hour. I am indifferent which area we ride, as long as we ride. I got the time off from work next week and plan on using it.

This is from Charlies Inn (Lake Clear, NY..to the east of Cranberry Lake), which we stopped in last year

"Last night, January 10th, snow and cold! Was 10 degree F
Around 8" of snow on the ground. Come one, come all and enjoy.
The trails are ride able from Charlie's to Belly's & Trailside. The groomers went out with no Drag , packing down the snow for that great base we need.
Temperature at 7am was 16 Degree F, January 11th 11 am it's now 14 degrees.
keep checking for more updates.
Possible Noreaster for Thurs. into Fri. Potential for 8 to 10 inches of snow."

IF it is the Hill, checked in with the Freeman and they have availability, for those interested.

Depending on where you guys end up riding I may be able to get away for one overnight but can't be certain since i have a several day trip planned in February with some guys. I can only apply for a few hall passes these days with the kids and all! Honestly, I'd say lets wait and see - if Tug Hill gets a bunch on W to WNW winds, that would be pretty favorable for the Chatauqua Ridge too. Either way, I'm gonna try to meet up at least one day. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

NY AttakGT said:
Cranberry Lake Area looking better by the hour. I am indifferent which area we ride, as long as we ride. I got the time off from work next week and plan on using it.

This is from Charlies Inn (Lake Clear, NY..to the east of Cranberry Lake), which we stopped in last year

"Last night, January 10th, snow and cold! Was 10 degree F
Around 8" of snow on the ground. Come one, come all and enjoy.
The trails are ride able from Charlie's to Belly's & Trailside. The groomers went out with no Drag , packing down the snow for that great base we need.
Temperature at 7am was 16 Degree F, January 11th 11 am it's now 14 degrees.
keep checking for more updates.
Possible Noreaster for Thurs. into Fri. Potential for 8 to 10 inches of snow."

IF it is the Hill, checked in with the Freeman and they have availability, for those interested.

The above is some of the most encouraging news I've heard yet this year. I'm open to what ever the consensus dictates. Like most, I really want to ride bad, but not really eager to burn up $160 worth of hyfax and carbides. Without confirmation of at least "good" trails (marginal unacceptable) I may cancel my approved vacation time and reschedule for a later time frame and a more worthy experience. What say you?

:rocks:

This says it all..........

Attachments

• 402443_276887979040520_189063081156344_850707_93174623_n.jpg
    402443_276887979040520_189063081156344_850707_93174623_n.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 172

Back