• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

wtb exup cables.

maim

Staff member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 apex xtx
2011 apex xtx
2009 phaser rtx/x
1997 et410t/r
1988 vk 540
went to check my exup adj today like i do every year and it needed setting. ok. pulled up mrsled video on how to adjust and on the 1st cycle, top one broke. bottom one broke 20 min later when i was trying to figure out how to lock down the valve. trying to have my sled rdy to go to ty ride next week. anyone in ontario have some they are willing to part with?

went to check my exup adj today like i do every year and it needed setting. ok. pulled up mrsled video on how to adjust and on the 1st cycle, top one broke. bottom one broke 20 min later when i was trying to figure out how to lock down the valve. trying to have my sled rdy to go to ty ride next week. anyone in ontario have some they are willing to part with?
I have some but too far away. Wire the valve open and let her rip!

going to fab a plate out of body metal to bolt valve open for now.

Thanks to mother nature and the cancelling of the TY ride, at least now you have some time for the cables to come.

Along those lines Cameron, how often do you find yourself needing to adjust your cables? I have close to 10,000mi on mine and only had to use @MrSled very detailed video once. Ever since then, when I check them each year, everything is still in alignment. :dunno:

i adjusted it once after 1st season of riding. i check the adjustment every season. it was out almost 1/2 the hole when i went to adjust it at time of failure. sled has 6500 mi on it atm.

making me paranoid on the 11 now lol. it was still in adjustment perfectly when i got it done back around the beginning of december and it has been roughly that many mi since i did them on it but i might have oiled them more than the 16. god old timers sucks. both had visibly failed on it when i tore it apart to check it. this one looked fine until the servo moved and it popped the cable. servo was acting up a bit too as it took over 3 tries to get it to cycle in diagnostics.

but i might have oiled them more than the 16. god old timers sucks.
Good point regarding oiling the cables, or at least the cable ends that connect to the servo bracket, as I started doing that using high-temp CRC Nickel Anti-Seize on them from day one. Thought it would help with preventing the cable ends to fray as I thought that might be a contributing factor to the cables snapping.

As for old timers, you're preaching to the choir brother!

Old timers starter pack (I'm getting there)!! ;)

Screenshot 2024-01-12 112454.png
Screenshot 2024-01-12 112509.png

The paper brain is legit, if I don’t write something down these days there’s a very low probability I’m going to remember it later.

Guys its simple as we age our minds just are too full of knowledge so some has to go if new is to be retained. Thats also a problem since we all like to retain everything. Thank god for TY. A big Notepad!

Guys its simple as we age our minds just are too full of knowledge so some has to go if new is to be retained. Thats also a problem since we all like to retain everything. Thank god for TY. A big Notepad!
VIP member and these annoying ads are the only reason we are still up and running. So please be a VIP and don’t block the ads.

btw already have the new cables from dealer installed. $90 ea here in canada for them.

Back