• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX is garbage on trails.

141 uncoupled is NOT A TRAIL SLED. It’s off trail sled. Sorry just being honest.
Perhaps it depends upon the trails. Up in the County we have very wide and fast trails and I was never at the back of the pack with my 141".

Reactions: JPS
141 uncoupled is NOT A TRAIL SLED. It’s off trail sled. Sorry just being honest.
The XTX is a very good package with the wrong shocks from the factory. dump the floats and use a good shock package it is an excellent trail sled, as good as an LTX Le with a much better transfer. My XTX handles trails excellent.

I think the 141 can be an excellent trail sled. Plenty of riders like that kind of transfer.
I had considered the above kit, but decided to trade sleds instead.
Really the only beef with my 18 that had floats all around was that it bottomed too easily. It felt like the rear of the rear wasn't rising rate.

Its sad to do with a new sled but change skis I run curves but have heard others work well. Front shock spring is to weak. Air shocks suck from factory. I love my xtx but it takes some set up for it to work well. The best part of the xtx is when tuned you can get that transfer.

Reactions: JPS
Its sad to do with a new sled but change skis I run curves but have heard others work well. Front shock spring is to weak. Air shocks suck from factory. I love my xtx but it takes some set up for it to work well. The best part of the xtx is when tuned you can get that transfer.
I think iv got him talked into spending some money on skis. Which curve ski do you have? Heavier skid spring is in the mail.

I think iv got him talked into spending some money on skis. Which curve ski do you have? Heavier skid spring is in the mail.
Curve xs they also have a leading edge that attaches on the ski that I just put on this year. Seems a little better.

The XTX is a very good package with the wrong shocks from the factory. dump the floats and use a good shock package it is an excellent trail sled, as good as an LTX Le with a much better transfer. My XTX handles trails excellent.

Get into some tight turns on hard pack it’s not gonna be excellent.
You need to ride a properly set up 129” or a Poo 121” track machine more often, then you would realize your sleds is far from excellent on most hard trails.
Ditch the cool looking bar risers, long tracks, and monster lugs (which should be illegal cause they ruin trails) for Wisconsin trail riding.
You won’t keep up with a 600cc 121” tracked sled on most wisconsin trails.

Its amazing how many guys I get behind every year on the trails blowing every inch of snow off the corners with monster lug long tracks.
Sweating like pigs at the gas station thinking they are going fast.

Just buy the right sled for the job, not the cool looking long track with big lugs.

:drink:

My father bought an xtx and was told it’s the best of both worlds by the dealer. He would like to make it more trail friendly. It is very hard to steer and pushes through corners. Also the minute you touch the throttle the skis are a foot in the air. 90psi up front and 130 in the back. Suspension is stock. Has turbodynamics clutch kit and tune. He would like it to be closer to an LTX. Thanks

I have some of the same problems with my 19 LTX 137 , I tried 4 different skis, trackers and the stiffer spring, made no difference. I wish my front end would lift!

I have some of the same problems with my 19 LTX 137 , I tried 4 different skis, trackers and the stiffer spring, made no difference. I wish my front end would lift!
Probably already did this, but did you let limiter straps out? Helped on my 137. Where are your coupler blocks set? Might even want to get rid of them all together. Put rubber hose over shaft if you put it back in.

Probably already did this, but did you let limiter straps out? Helped on my 137. Where are your coupler blocks set? Might even want to get rid of them all together. Put rubber hose over shaft if you put it back in.

Thanks for your help, I have 1280 miles of testing different adjustments on this sled, I've made adjustment's to everything and tried different settings. I'm done spending money and time on it.

Let's see, which crossover sled is best on the trails, hmmmm??? ;):

Last edited:

Back