• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX is garbage on trails.

Granted my 2016 XTX is a Viper, not a Sidewinder, but it is the same skid and the same physics apply. The XTX is a "crossover" sled, with an uncoupled suspension, and that means it will ride and handle differently than a trail sled with a coupled suspension. The 141" skid is terrible on the trails with the stock Float shocks. Upgrade your shocks to Fox QS3's. Yamaha did that on the later Sidewinder XTX's. Tuner skis are terrible on the trails unless you get Snow Trackers. They will improve handling performance, and reduce steering effort. The stock spring on the center spring is too light. Get Bill Mohr's spring and adjust preload to your preference. It is a "fact of life" that you can lighten up the steering on an XTX with Bill's spring and more preload, but the lighter you make the steering, the more the sled will push in the corners. I have mine adjusted to a happy medium where the steering still requires some effort, but not bad, and while it does have some push in the corners, it is very predictable and manageable. I just have to approach and depart corners on my XTX differently than I do on my Sidewinder LTX. That having been said, my Viper XTX is a blast on the trails, and I have no trouble keeping up with, or leading, my buddy on his stock Sidewinder LTX.

It seems that some riders like their sled catwalking all the time, and the 141 is more suited to that.
If you like the front end down more, then the 137 is better.
Having said that, I find my 137 still transfers good, and I also find that if it isn't, it's more of a traction issue, like not enough studs, for example.

I have two Stingray springs left from this batch if in my area and needing quick. Also can revalve and go to heavier or lighter springs if needed.

Cannon, not to hijack this thread, but would the stingray spring benefit a light guy much? That's in a coupled skid LTX LE 137

Grass is always greener on the other side or is it the snow that is more white from other side.

I have always wished that my LTX-LE had an uncoupled suspension for that ski lift fun factor.
My coupled suspension offers really good handling but not much in ski lift, never mind Cat Walking...

Maybe in the future one could invent a suspension that offers both with removal of a few components.

I do like the way mine stays planted at high speed though!

Grass is always greener on the other side or is it the snow that is more white from other side.

I have always wished that my LTX-LE had an uncoupled suspension for that ski lift fun factor.
My coupled suspension offers really good handling but not much in ski lift, never mind Cat Walking...

Maybe in the future one could invent a suspension that offers both with removal of a few components.

I do like the way mine stays planted at high speed though!
Same here. I think the 2020 146 XTX/Riot skid may be the ticket. Meanwhile I'm going to try to Bill Mohr spring and set transfer to highest to see if I can get close.

Same here. I think the 2020 146 XTX/Riot skid may be the ticket. Meanwhile I'm going to try to Bill Mohr spring and set transfer to highest to see if I can get close.
Spring did nothing for my sled.

Not sure how much ski lift you after team blue but my son and I are totally happy with Bill Monroe spring removed transfer rod and TD Max 16 and TD max 17. I run an ice attak so under accceleration it holds skiis well up out of the snow and lifts the skiis instantly with a blip of throttle, way better than stock winder. Son with max 17 is running the new hurricane 1.75” crossover track. His sled is an animal now, if you have good traction you can’t hold full throttle, it will flip over backwards or you just lose directional control and nerve because wicked straight up catwalks get scary with groundspeed it generates. We finally have some trails to test it on as opposed to deep snow at farm too, sounds like bs I know but you have to crowd forward at 80 km/hr and pin it, stands straight up instantly and accelerates so hard it’s silly.
I will post a video as proof if someone could tell me the best way.
Best part I think is his sled acts like an xtx now but retained its trail handling which is IMO some of the best in the industry.
I don’t like the new fun handling the market leader has embraced that has my buddies hanging off like monkeys whenever you dial up the pace.

Back