• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha RE-tooling for 2020

It looks like they are sticking around...
Of course they are. Not sure if I would buy into the "their sinking more money into it" propaganda though.

I think Yamaha is really going to go after quality and not quantity with the dealer network as well. There are dealers that are passionate about what the do and there are other dealers that are not. Trimming down the dealer network is really not a bad idea once you realize that most of the dealers being cut are likely the sub par ones that you wouldn't have service your equipment anyway. I have a dealer 30 minutes from me, but i choose to drive 1.5 hours to another dealer and I'm sure there are many others that do the same thing where they live.
I totally support that. Not all dealers are created equal. And this goes for more than just sleds. In my neck of the woods, there is 1 out of 3 that I would really return to, and the one that stands out stands out not just because of product, but because of their overall approach and their consistent positive customer experience. I don't want to feel like I need to take a shower after leaving a visit to a dealer.

Of course they are. Not sure if I would buy into the "their sinking more money into it" propaganda though.

The most popular reaction is to associate investment with new capital coming into whatever exercise comes under discussion. Investment is not an absolute, it is relative to the relationship of revenue to costs. If the company has a target investment profile of say 10% R&D to revenue (as an example) then if revenue comes down, R&D expenses should also go down. As a percentage, the investment is typically a flat ratio target. Every day/month/quarter/year is an opportunity to reevaluate the investment and decide whether you want to invest more or less. By virtue of the fact that sales (revenue) are down they are investing more by simply not decreasing the number of engineers or other expenses. Of course this also means that you have to invest smarter or you end up with the same result. That is the push-pull dynamic of the product development cycle.

Forgot to add one thing. I recently saw that Textron chose the Yamaha triple to power the new Cat sxs, with a turbo version soon to follow.

That SxS has been in the works for 3 or 4 years, long before Textron was in the picture. With it being in the final stages of development I'm sure they didn't want to change up to one their own engines "in the final hour" so to speak. They have a pretty capable engine for that class, but it definitely needs a turbo just to match the 998na @ 125hp

Looks like the RedLine sleds of 10 or more years ago
Late 90's & early 2000's.

Man does time fly. :(

Yes sir, it sure does!

I still have a helix from one of their clutch kits from my SRX days. Heelclickers, 3 Primary springs and helix made up the kit. And a booklet of clutch set up instructions.

The year was 2001. REDLINE was a dominate off road dirt & sand performance/racing company.
They were one of the most innovative of their time. Especially suspensions.
They designed a V-twin 4-stroke an 800 & 1300 cc 2-strokes.
They had rear exhaust, belt drives, mono shock with true 15'' of travel & long front shocks & LED lights.
They made i believe 50 units, but could not get the ECU's to run their engines in time. By the time they got them, they missed the snow & folded.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 232
Some had helical gears. They had a proprietary Comet primary & roller secondary.
They weighed 480 pounds.
Not bad for 2001

They are fun to ride. Nothing quite like them.

There’s a lot of similarities between the RX-1 and the redline revolt, I think.

All I can say is what a huge disservice to their loyal customers like myself. IMO the power steering is fantastic and was a big selling point. My wife and I absolutely love it! And now, nothing. You can't even buy a true Yamaha anymore! Furthermore, all they did was put fancy graphics and shocks on a winder and call it an SRX. Then they embrace 15yr old features and put a 1in track on it! Why?? Not to mention you can get the exact same sled from Cat. Where is the exclusivity, the awesomeness, in that? When the 98 SRX came out there was nothing like it or comparable. It's BULLSHIT I say. We will just keep our Apex xtx and Vector ltx till they die and buy Skidoos I guess. At least I can easily carry gas and luggage on them.

All I can say is what a huge disservice to their loyal customers like myself. IMO the power steering is fantastic and was a big selling point. My wife and I absolutely love it! And now, nothing. You can't even buy a true Yamaha anymore! Furthermore, all they did was put fancy graphics and shocks on a winder and call it an SRX. Then they embrace 15yr old features and put a 1in track on it! Why?? Not to mention you can get the exact same sled from Cat. Where is the exclusivity, the awesomeness, in that? When the 98 SRX came out there was nothing like it or comparable. It's BULLSHIT I say. We will just keep our Apex xtx and Vector ltx till they die and buy Skidoos I guess. At least I can easily carry gas and luggage on them.
I've got a buddy that is stubborn and still riding his Nytro he says until Yamaha comes out with an 'all Japanese model'. I was of the same mindset till last year. Then I got over it and bought a Winder and have never liked snowmobiling so much. Who knows, probably power steering will be back in 2020.
However, I didn't know know that Doo was offering power steering.

I've got a buddy that is stubborn and still riding his Nytro he says until Yamaha comes out with an 'all Japanese model'. I was of the same mindset till last year. Then I got over it and bought a Winder and have never liked snowmobiling so much. Who knows, probably power steering will be back in 2020.
However, I didn't know know that Doo was offering power steering.
No they are not but I do kind of like them and at least they are still serious about snowmobiling.

Back