• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

shawnj said:
Thanks Rock. I'm sure I'll get it once I start using it too. I put 3 km on my 2010 ltx gt yesterday. Handwarmers on medium and seem to be heating ok but that's how our 08 first started out too. And no there is no heat in the hook part of handle which was nice to have there when it worked on the other one. Too bad they went and shortend that just to get what they got out of doing it.

You can also use the YamaHeater on the '10s.
Will have some very serious heat with it! lol

As Dan mentioned, they improved the efficiency(Good thing!), by isolating the heater from the bar.
It has good and bad points, yet overall is good.

Let us know how it works out riding, how they feel etc.

Rock :-o

ROCKERDAN said:
Rock...
i found i had to KEEP my SUB-LEAD in place to make them work...correct???
Dan

Yes, that was mainly for the input ground though, not the output.
Your output on yours is already wired in parallel.

We have changed the newer units so that they work whether the sub-lead is there or not.
Don't have to switch any input wires to make it work, just plug it in. :Rockon:

Always working to make it as simple to install as possible.

The '06s are the only real issue on the wiring/bars.
The rest of the model years have no issue.

Guidelines for the Pay It Forward YAMAHEATER Warm Hands Controller Give-Away.

All persons offering up items to give away in the Pay It Forward thread will have one entry into a drawing for the Give-Away.
When/if you send that item out, you get a second entry.
(Must post whom it went to in your original post, and the recipient must post that they received the item.)
All TY VIP members that participate will get double entries.
All entries will be determined by post(s) in the Pay It Forward thread.

Drawing will be held at the TY Jan Muni Ride.
As always, am open to ideas.
Any and all rules are subject to change as required due to ease of implementing the give-away and/or possible issues with the current rules.
Any possible changes will be posted as soon as possible.

If the winner currently owns a YamaHeater, I may substitute a prize of reasonable like value.

You can find the Pay It Forward Thread here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Rockmeister :-o

PS Could use some help to total the current Pay It Forward posts. (Been crazy busy here)
If anyone has some spare time & could PM me the info, will make it worth your while. ;)!

Hey Rock , 2010 xtx seems to have ok heat , not like the Yamaheater but maybe ok.

Will let you know in a few days -22 now !!!!

Hey Rock....I just got back from Cadillac, went for a day ride with my new Yamaheaters on my Nytro and had warm bars all day long! I just wanted to say thanks and maybe I'll run into you at the Hide-away bar at Starvation Lake. I would definitely recommend anybody with cold hands on a Yamaha Nytro to invest in the Yamaheater! It works great and the Plug & Play is a snap to put in. Thanks again.... :Rockon:

ROCKERDAN said:
Hard Knocks said:
Hi Shawn,

You should still have some heat in the hook. They cut the wattage way back on the hook to give more to the rest of the grip. That was the big hand warmer solution for 2010.

there is NO HEAT on hooks at all for 10.

Dan

Sorry Dan, You are absolutely correct! For some reason I had it in my head that they just reduced the wattage in the hook but I was wrong.

Doug

NYTROFISH said:
Hey Rock....I just got back from Cadillac, went for a day ride with my new Yamaheaters on my Nytro and had warm bars all day long! I just wanted to say thanks and maybe I'll run into you at the Hide-away bar at Starvation Lake. I would definitely recommend anybody with cold hands on a Yamaha Nytro to invest in the Yamaheater! It works great and the Plug & Play is a snap to put in. Thanks again.... :Rockon:

AWESOME! ;)!

Look for my sled when you are at the Hide-away Dude!

Is the "SIG fuse" in the directions, number 4 the signal fuse in in my nytro service manual? Sorry if this is a foolish question.

sd5500 said:
Is the "SIG fuse" in the directions, number 4 the signal fuse in in my nytro service manual? Sorry if this is a foolish question.

Not a problem at all! ;)!

Yes, the SIG fuse is the signal fuse.
It is labeled as SIG inside the fuse box.

sd5500 said:
sorry bout that, didn't open the box yet. Its going from 3A to your supplied 15A? Thank you.

Yes, the wiring is capable of 20A so you are well with-in limits and stand a low risk of blowing the fuse when you most need it. ;)!

Just a quick note of thanks to Rock for helping me get my Yamaheater working,turns out it was my own mistake with a bad terminal connector
I installed. ...maybe we should change his name to "The Pitbull" cause he won't let go until the problem is solved,...anyway...the customer service he extends is 1st class...even on Boxing day he called me back within minutes...doesn't get any better... Thanks ;-)

I have been on here and reading about the Yamaheaters. Well My wife's 08 Phazer had some really cold warmers and she was NOT happy :o|
Ordered a set for her and man what a difference. She is happy and that means more sledding among other good stuff.... :jump:

thanks Rock for a 1st class product and your impressive customer service.

Can't be an easier installation.

Thanks Again Chris

:4STroke:

Back