• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

xtcman sent me a pic of his cool Mode LED mounting location.

He used the drain hole under the right switch as a mounting location to backlight the switch!

Hmmm, does the same location exist for the left switch?

2uicch2.jpg

Pretty cool! ;)!

Rock
What is the actual amperage the grips are drawing when in full heat mode? On our Apex's?

service

i have rock's kit on with plug and play,i'm having trouble, probably
my fault, he is picking his sled up in gaylord then going to munising
i live in naubinway on u.s.2, he is going to make a house call to fix my unit.
now that is what i call service, and he lives out of state.

Will get ya taken care of yamadog1 ;)!

The new units that are shipping now do not have a Mode Switch (the small toggle switch).

The main reason is that almost no-one ever uses the switch, most turn it on & leave it on forever.
(Very few of us ride when it is 60 or 70 degrees out, the only time you would possibly need it.)

The switch is also is the most likely part to fail on the unit.

Without the switch, it makes the whole unit easier to install for you.
You can also add one if you like.
On the units without a switch, there is a red wire that loops out of the unit & back into it.
You can cut that wire and add a small toggle switch between the two wires if you would like.

Would try it without the switch first, you will most likely find you never need it. ;)!

Rock :-o

Rock,

and if we do have the switch and have poblems, then we just tie the two's wires into together?

Thxs.

David :Rockon:

PS I have had to use the switch as the warmers as a whole worked much better with this kit on and I was trying to turn them way down.

You got it Dave!

Mountain Riding is generally much warmer than open trail riding, can see where you would want that. ;)!

Well I bought the plug n play kit from Rock. All I can say is WOW I have heat in seconds now. :Rockon: No more cold hands for me. :jump: And and a BIG thanks to Rock and his customer service. What an awseome experience. ;)!

Ordered the updated bars from Yamaha. Dealer said it was a discontinued part, but showed 10 of them in Gorgia. Here's hoping they still ship. :dunno:

OK Rock you win , 2010 xtx , not enough heat , spoiled with Yamaheater on last years Apex's.

Do you have a kit for me ? Thanks , Glen

gsxr said:
OK Rock you win , 2010 xtx , not enough heat , spoiled with Yamaheater on last years Apex's.
Do you have a kit for me ? Thanks , Glen

Hhahhahha!

Didn't know we were ummmm... facing off?...
lol

Was hoping yours worked well already actually!
Received your order, will go out today yet.

Hi Rock:
Wanted to give you an update on performance of the Yamaheater on '09 Vector. Rode all last week, with Yamaheater and gauntlets installed. Only problem I had was this....when sled is first started up, if switch is set to standard controls (green light), and idle is slightly low, say around 1100, the LED will go green to red from time to time. I was getting an 81 error code when this happened. By trial and error I figured out when the error code and causing condition occurred. If I start sled and immediately have it on full power (std. controls set to OFF), red light is on, and have no error codes. Once riding and switching back to standard controls, with no low idle, I had no error 81 codes.

Can you comment on this code 81 at low idle on standard warmers? I rechecked all my wiring to be sure, and it's practically impossible to have anything incorrect using the plug and play. Plus we talked when I was installing so I'm about 99% sure it has nothing to do with wiring install.

On a side note, with gauntlets and Yamaheater, between wife and kid, nobody complained once all week about cold hands. We rode quite a few single digit mornings, so it wasn't warm. One time I got on the sled after wife was riding and my right thumb started burning. I was like wtf? She had the thumbwarmer at about 3/4 full output and it actually felt like I touched a stove burner.

Hi Fusion!

The code 81 right after cold start-up is caused by the ECU output being erratic when the sled is cold.
(My RX-1 does the same if I don't keep the idle up.)
Also just start mine in High heat mode to warm up the bars anyway, so I don't see it anymore.

It happens mainly on the carbed models, once in a while on a fuel injected engine.

Would make sure the Warm Idle is 1400 or so RPMs, if the warm idle is low, the cold idle will also be low.

Lol about your thumbwarmer, wild how hot it gets now, eh? ;)!

Rock-do you think there is any connection?

Anyone know what code 46 means on a '09 XTX?

Code #46
"snowmobile system power supply, (monitor voltage) power supply to ecu not normal."

Got 7 miles into a ride today when it started sputtering and died. Then it wouldn't start. Fuel pump runs and then makes a squealing sound near the relays when I turn the key.
Checked all the fuses and all were good. Luckily it died at a road crossing where I was able to get it loaded back onto my trailer. Dealership wants to look at it tomorrow morning. Only thing that has changed from last season is I added the Yamaheaters. First ride with the Yamaheaters.

Back