• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

skidooboy said:
not to beat a dead horse but to clarify, the warm hands controller allows the heaters more power, and can be controled up or down with the current bar controler on the sled from low to high (1-10 settings on the nytro) albiet quite a bit warmer???

if you want them off, or a very lower setting you turn off the warm hands switch off and you have the current warmer set up for the factory???

correct???

ski
Basically, what makes the grips inadequate is the fact that they make so little heat at idle and low RPMs. So when you start out riding the grips start out cold. By turning the factory grip setting to OFF, the WHC kicks in to get them hot with 100% power. In theory once they are hot (fast due to 100% power from the WHC) they can then maintain the heat better while riding by using the factory electric pulses using the factory handlebar controls. If its really cold you can just run the WHC longer or full time which is unlikely to be needed.

actionjack said:
skidooboy said:
not to beat a dead horse but to clarify, the warm hands controller allows the heaters more power, and can be controled up or down with the current bar controler on the sled from low to high (1-10 settings on the nytro) albiet quite a bit warmer???

if you want them off, or a very lower setting you turn off the warm hands switch off and you have the current warmer set up for the factory???

correct???

ski
Basically, what makes the grips inadequate is the fact that they make so little heat at idle and low RPMs. So when you start out riding the grips start out cold. By turning the factory grip setting to OFF, the WHC kicks in to get them hot with 100% power. In theory once they are hot (fast due to 100% power from the WHC) they can then maintain the heat better while riding by using the factory electric pulses using the factory handlebar controls. If its really cold you can just run the WHC longer or full time which is unlikely to be needed.

That is correct

Rock just left my shop about an hour ago and we installed the warm hands controller on my Nytro. In a nutshell this thing is awesome. My grips went to HOT at idle in my garage in about a minute or 2. The system is easy to install (Helps to have the inventor doing the install as I fetched zip ties and wrenches). Here's the beauty of Rocks system. You control your warmers the same way you always do. The system has a toggle switch to activate but all of your adjustments are still made thru your blue factory Yamaha switch on your handlebars. When the system is activated your controls still work the same way with all the same power on those settings as before....But when you turn all the bars of your handwarmer display off a little green LED light turns to red and now your handwarmers are getting 100% juice. If you want to turn the system completely off just flip the warm hands controller toggle switch off and your back to stock where no bars means no heat. IMO Rocks product looks very professional. I can't wait to ride my sled next weekend...... ;)!

3 cheers for the Rockmeister. :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

Rock,

I hope that you had a nice ride in MI. I am really excited to receive my unit and hopefully be able to get it installed before my trip next weekend to northern MN.

Since I plan on installing the remote start from FLYBYU & SNOWDOG and connecting your unit to their optional output wire, I have a question on that one wire interconnect. Specifically:

How exactly does the output from the remote start interface with your unit to "over-ride" the factory controls if they are not first set to off prior to the remote starting?

If I understand the design of your unit correctly the entire principle of your design is to require that the factory controls be set to off to activate your unit which prevents the error code without the need for a "dummy load".

How do you "over-ride" to 100% during remote starting and still get around the error code if I were to shut off my sled with the factory controls set to half way for example the night before the remote starting takes place?

Apex Snowman,

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Blue Dave said:
Rock,

I hope that you had a nice ride in MI. I am really excited to receive my unit and hopefully be able to get it installed before my trip next weekend to northern MN.

Since I plan on installing the remote start from FLYBYU & SNOWDOG and connecting your unit to their optional output wire, I have a question on that one wire interconnect. Specifically:

How exactly does the output from the remote start interface with your unit to "over-ride" the factory controls if they are not first set to off prior to the remote starting?

If I understand the design of your unit correctly the entire principle of your design is to require that the factory controls be set to off to activate your unit which prevents the error code without the need for a "dummy load".

How do you "over-ride" to 100% during remote starting and still get around the error code if I were to shut off my sled with the factory controls set to half way for example the night before the remote starting takes place?

Hi Dave!

I had a blast Thank You!
TY guys are great!
Met a few new great people, and saw a number of great existing friends.
Gotta love this, we are a club of individuals.
It's all good...
Cut my trip short to beat some serious weather coming in, and get controllers out to you guys!

Very good question!

Have been working on this, some of the sleds are relatively easy to do this on, specifically some of the RX-1s and the Apexs, some are NOT easy.
Basically, I can control the ECU and tell it what todo with the warmers, IF I KNOW where it is to start with!
There is no "stopping point" on some to reference, so you don't know where it is, and therefore don't know where to send it to.
Have overcome this and will be implementing eventually.
(Most likely next season.)

The current units may possibly show an error code (ONLY WITH THE REMOTE START CONNECTED AND THE SLED STARTED FROM THE REMOTE) depending on where they were set when the sled was shut-off.
As you noted, If they were set to "off"(FULL HEAT) when you shut your sled off, this is not an issue at all.

To clear any possible error, you simply shut off your sled and restart your warmed sled (with the now warm bars) using the key.
(You have to put the key in anyway. lol)
If the sled times out and shuts itself down automatically from the remote (or for any reason), it self-clears any possible errors.

The requirements to overcome this dependably, are pretty great and I decided to get working units out THIS YEAR that will work without any problems, rather than put up with cold hands another year to take care of a really minor thing.

NONE of this effects the functionality of the sled OR the grips warming up.
It ONLY flashes a light telling you the ECU thinks the bars aren't connected.

The idea here is, if you forgot to leave the bars on Full Heat, the Warm Hands Controller and the remote work together to "remember" it for you, that way you start out with warm hands!
IE Makes it "Foolproof". No thinking or remembering required.
Personally, I just want to sled with warm hands, don't want to have to remember anything, or worry about "forgetting" anything.

Like the depth you think at dude!

Hope this helps!
Rock :-o

PS There is just ONE wire to connect from the Remote to The Warm Hands Controller to allow them to communicate.
Pretty easy to do. ;)!

Rock,

I guess that I just have a curious mind! LOL! I figured that the old RX1's would be no problem to remote start with 100% grip heat without an error code because the factory grip heating controls defaulted to off on the early models whenever the sled ignition was cycled off & on.

No worries, If I forget to set my factory controls to "off" before I shut off my sled for the last time the night before a remote start morning, I will simply clear the fault by shutting off and restarting the sled with the key.

I keep looking for that UPS truck! I hope that I get mine in time to install it before I leave on Friday for northern MN. LOL!

Blue Dave said:
Rock, (edited)No worries, If I forget to set my factory controls to "off" before I shut off my sled for the last time the night before a remote start morning, I will simply clear the fault by shutting off and restarting the sled with the key.
I keep looking for that UPS truck! I hope that I get mine in time to install it before I leave on Friday for northern MN. LOL!

Hahhaha! I love it Dave!
Wait for the UPS guy like a puppy most everyday, especially now!
Am using USPS for outgoing.

Have 3 Super high priority ones to get out fast!
Yours and a couple guys coming from Europe to ride here in the States this week.
(Too cool eh?)
Should have all that were ordered last week, out by this week and more!
YEAH! :Rockon:

Had a great day, responded to a ton of messages, got lots organized, and training people to help build them.
The bad economy has at least helped wth this...

You will really appreciate the controller this weekend, is supposed to be well below zero.
No more frozen fingies!

Let us know how you like the Controller!

xator said:
On a 09 nytro, while running, do the warmer get full 12v, or it's still pulse width modulated a lil below 12v?

Welcome!

Yes, the Nytro warmers are also PWM(Pulse Width Modulation) driven.
All the current 4-strokes are.
PWM by itself is a very good thing, it is very energy efficient.
The problem is, the PWM to the bars is cut back in the programming every time you apply your brake or let off the throttle.
THAT is what makes your bars cold.

Your bars can and will be toasty warm with a Warm Hands Controller.
It give you a FULL HEAT mode, controlled by your existing bar controls.

I just performed an install on Supermans Nytro last night, and Mr Sled's on Sat.

Was VERY pleased with how slick it went and the wire lengths!
I did see a few small things I will change.
On the Nytro and Phazers the harness doesn't have an easy single location to connect at, so I will be including a "Y" cable to connect one side to the other, making it even easier for you to connect these sleds for warm hands.

Will be providing detailed install info on these sleds with pics.
Didn't get a chance today, was pretty busy building controllers for you guys!

Will do my best to get this done tomorrow.

Hope this helps! :-o

PS (Please enter your location info in your profile, tnx!)

charger0926 said:
anyone with pics on a attak install?

Hey Dude!

Get one and bring your sled over!
Have a heated building to do it in.
We can install it together and can get pics of an Attak install for everyone!

Rock :-o

Rock - sent paypal yesterday.Hopefully you are not too backed up, Its definately a cold start to the season with an arctic front coming down this weekend. looking forward to trying this out.
Many Thanks
Mark

Back