• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Sure!

The Grip Warmers and the Thumbwarmer controls & use are separate.

Grip Warmers:
Usual operation is to start every ride in RED LED mode.
(YamaHeater High Heat mode, Grips set to zero bars, factory "off".)
(That way you start out every ride with Warm Grips)

Then when grips are warm to desired temperature,
use factory blue grip control switch to set bars to one of the factory settings.
(1-8 bars)
You will find one that maintains the heat where you want it.
(The use is the same with, or without, Boost)

ThumbWarmer:
Start out your ride in Highest Factory Heat setting (8 Bars) and turn down to desired temp for ride.
(Factory "off" is still off.)
Use is the same with, or without, ThumbBoost

Hope this helps! ;)!

Rock :-o

Rockmeister said:
Sure!

Grip Warmers:

use factory blue grip control switch to set bars to one of the factory settings.
(1-8 bars)

ThumbWarmer:
Start out your ride in Highest Factory Heat setting (8 Bars) and turn down to desired temp for ride.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Thanks Rock, just so I am understanding this correctly, is the Yamaheater only supplying heat to my handle bars and not the thumb warmer?

Also,,,,, with the grip warmers do I leave the Yamaheater on all the time and just adjust accordingly using the factory switch to find my happy spot?

Sorry for the confusion, just trying to make sure I am getting the full benefit out of them by using them correctly.
Thanks again. ;)!

Irv said:
Rockmeister said:
Sure!

Grip Warmers:

(1-8 bars)

ThumbWarmer:

Hope this helps! ;)!

Thanks Rock, just so I am understanding this correctly, is the Yamaheater only supplying heat to my handle bars and not the thumb warmer?

Also,,,,, with the grip warmers do I leave the Yamaheater on all the time and just adjust accordingly using the factory switch to find my happy spot?

Sorry for the confusion, just trying to make sure I am getting the full benefit out of them by using them correctly.
Thanks again. ;)!

Not a problem at all! ;)!

Your YamaHeater controls and is only connected directly to your Grips, however, on some sleds the ThumbWarmer will also get warmer when you install a YamaHeater.
(The Thumbwarmer tends to get warmer on 2006 and earlier sleds)

Yes you can leave the mode switch on all the time, most never even turn the switch off.
We eliminated the switch for this reason, & the fact that it was the most likely part to fail.

Hope this helps!

Rockmeister said:
Irv said:
Rockmeister said:
Sure!

Grip Warmers:

(1-8 bars)

ThumbWarmer:

Hope this helps! ;)!

Thanks again. ;)!

Not a problem at all! ;)!

Your YamaHeater controls and is only connected directly to your Grips, however, on some sleds the ThumbWarmer will also get warmer when you install a YamaHeater.
(The Thumbwarmer tends to get warmer on 2006 and earlier sleds)

Yes you can leave the mode switch on all the time, most never even turn the switch off.
We eliminated the switch for this reason, & the fact that it was the most likely part to fail.

Hope this helps!

:nos

Thanks Rock, you have been a great help ;)!

One thing I'd like to mention, it might be later years than 06 that the thumb gets extremely hot?
That is why I was thinking the Yamaheater was connected to my thumb warmer as well?
When I was riding Sunday, trying to figure these things out, I noticed a few times my thumb would get extremely hot if I cranked up the handle bar control for the thumb!
Not sure what the stockers were like before the Yamaheater but this thumb warmer gets almost painfully hot!

Thanks again, from here on in I will just leave my Yamaheater turned on and use the factory grip warmer adjuster to find my happy spot.
Same goes for the thumb warmer, just the factory adjustor.

P.S. Just curious if I should eliminate the toggle or leave it be, does it matter?

The Yamaheater saved my hands this weekend. The last time I rode in 0-10 deg F conditions my hands were blocks of ice. This time my hands were so hot that at times I had to turn my warmers way down and put my gloved hand in the wind while I was riding just to cool my hand down a bit. I had the warmest hands in my group. I'm more than happy with my Yamaheater.

Had a great ride myself today, it was -17c and my hands weren't cold once on my Vector.

It was Yamaha demo day at the Port Perry CH and I can't say the new Yamaha's were near as warm as my Yamaheater equipped Vec was.

Thanks Rock, great product ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0121 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0121 (Medium).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 135
Just want to give a shout out to Rock for a GREAT product and customer service second to NONE.
Installed my Yamaheater very easily and it is a HUGE improvement over the stock system. Simply no comparison.
FYI to all Nytro owners- Get the "Plug and Play with BOOST" unit- It installs in mere minutes and really improves the sled tremendously.

Bonus also was getting a $10.00 VIP discount.
Awesome. Simply awesome.

:jump: ;)!

I don't think my 07 Attak's thumb got hot. My thumb was cold last week. I have the Yamaheater and Booster. I probably should get the thumb booster too.

CaptCaper said:
I don't think my 07 Attak's thumb got hot. My thumb was cold last week. I have the Yamaheater and Booster. I probably should get the thumb booster too.

Have seen that also.

On pretty much most of the '06s and earlier sleds, the Thumbwarmer gets warmer when you install the YamaHeater, even though we do not connect directly to it.
(Most do, some don't get warmer.)

On the '07s & on, It is hit & miss, some of the Thumbwarmers get warmer, most do not, & need the ThumbBoost.

Can get you taken care of!
Will make your Thumbwarmer nice & toasty also! ;)!

Get the ThumbBoost. You won't regret it. It made a big difference on my '07 Apex RTX. Having warm digits makes a world of difference!!!

The booster has been working so good for the grips this year I haven't had to fire up the YamaHeater. I've ridden in temps down to about 5 deg. F. on high speed trails.

I finally got my Yamaheater to work last night. I never bothered to look into it last year just because...

Anyway, I found a poor connection where a wire pulled out of the plug. I didn't do a good job the first time.

Now my grips work great, no more "code 81".

Thanks for the unit Rock!

RX1MPete said:
I finally got my Yamaheater to work last night. I never bothered to look into it last year just because...

Anyway, I found a poor connection where a wire pulled out of the plug. I didn't do a good job the first time.

Now my grips work great, no more "code 81".

Thanks for the unit Rock!

Hey Speedy!

I sent that for your B-day last year!
How is the heat?

Had a chance to go for a LONG ride today, first extended use with the Yamaheater installed.
I think unless you have one of these, you just don't know what you were missing before. Especially those with a "colder" sled like my 2010 Nytro RTX SE.
Before you had to ride a ways before the stock system warmed up. If it's a REALLY cold/bitter day, it can take awhile but eventually I guess you get "warm". As soon as you slow down or stop, it's back to cold again rather quickly.
With this Yamaheater, upon first cold startup, my grips are HOT before the "low coolant temp" light goes out. When you are just idling, the grips are toasty warm and frankly it's WONDERFUL, especially for an old guy like me.
Also, the thumb warmer DOES get hotter. I have the plug-and-play with BOOST unit.

Nytro owners, this is the HOT ticket. If you are on the fence, DO IT. You won't be disappointed. The plug-and-play install can be done by anybody in mere minutes.

Did I mention I'm very happy with my Yamaheater????

:-o

Speedy.....I don't care who you are...that's funny!

The heat is great! I tested it out last night. Too bad I didn't have it working last weekend when I went to camp...it was -35C.

Back