• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Finally got to ride my sled today with Yamaheater installed.... What a PAIN IN THE A$$! I have been riding These 4 strokes since 05 and never had to mess with the handwarmers before. Put them on high and leave them because they didn't work...today I had to adjust them down to one bar because my hands were on fire!!! Thanks Rock these work great best upgard i've done.

rhoag said:
Finally got to ride my sled today with Yamaheater installed.... What a PAIN IN THE A$$! I have been riding These 4 strokes since 05 and never had to mess with the handwarmers before. Put them on high and leave them because they didn't work...today I had to adjust them down to one bar because my hands were on fire!!! Thanks Rock these work great best upgard i've done.

Hmm this makes me think mine is hooked up wrong? I had mine on high all day and they only felt warm every now and then the rest of the day my hands were numb. It was around 15 degrees but I do have a very short windshield so my bars are above it. From what everyone says they should be a lot hotter though?

mbarclay, try turning your stock warmers off, the little LED should go red and you'll soon know what hot is. The RX/RS kit has the thermal nuclear setting to get the bars hot and then the stock settings should keep them there, unless you stop for a couple seconds.

Mine has quit working. Last week while riding I got code 81 and a few times. Then last night I went out and its seemed to default to stock mode. The red LED light does not come on but the green stays on full time. Whats the first thing I should look for to trouble shoot the problem?

The temp was about 17-19 degrees when I rode yesterday. I was riding with my son and he was on a phaser, he was freezing so I let him ride my sled for awhile to warm up. I even gave him my gortex gloves to wear and I wore my thin yami gloves. I do have a barn door windshield though. If I start my sled and turn the warmers off till the red light comes on, it takes about 4-5 minutes and they are hot. Yours isn't working right if they don't get hot while the sled is sitting there.

Hey Chris!

Sent you a PM, give me a call, text, or send me your number, will see what you have & get you taken care of!

Sorry I took so long to respond, am sledding myself in Gaylord right now. ;)!

Rock :-o

PS My emails won't go out here for whatever reason, so if you send me an email, include your phone number!

Anyone have their brake light stay on all the time and the yamaheater not work when the red light is on? i just PMed Rock, but seeing if anyone else had this issue. worked great when first hooked it up and for about 1 ride or so. now the red light comes on when off but they dont get warm at all.

mbarclay said:
rhoag said:

Hmm this makes me think mine is hooked up wrong? I had mine on high all day and they only felt warm every now and then the rest of the day my hands were numb. It was around 15 degrees but I do have a very short windshield so my bars are above it. From what everyone says they should be a lot hotter though?

Hey Dude!

PM me your number or send me a text, will get you taken care of!
My number is on my card & your instruction sheet.

2008FxNytro said:
Anyone have their brake light stay on all the time and the yamaheater not work when the red light is on? i just PMed Rock, but seeing if anyone else had this issue. worked great when first hooked it up and for about 1 ride or so. now the red light comes on when off but they dont get warm at all.

Believe there is a wire switched.
PMed you my number, send me a text or give me a call, will get you taken care of!

Rock : )

PS Will be in the hotel room for about a half hour yet. ;)!

Anyone that needs anything, feel free to text me!
You know how cell service is iffy while riding, yet texts work great!

Will call or message you back as soon as I have signal. ;)!

Emails will NOT go out through the server here (for whatever reason), so if you do not include your phone number, there isn't much I can do to help you.
:o|

My phone number is on your instruction sheet(s).

Hey Rock, I finally got to really test out the yamaheater yesterday. Temps were around -20C and I had to run the bar warmers on medium most of the time! Even blasting down lakes max(red LED) was a little too much!

I've never had bars get hot like that before, especially on such cold days, TRULY money well spent!!!

P.S. for those wondering this is a P&P kit with boost and thumb boost on a stockish 09 Nytro XTX.

Jeff

My fingers were icicles every time I rode on my '07 Apex RTX. With the Yamaheater with boost I have never had to run the hand warmers in the "red light" position. I run them at 2-4 bars in single digit temperatures and my hands are toasty. I have not run the thumb warmer at more than 50% so that booster works great,too. Best upgrade I've ever done to any machine I've ever owned! I was a bit confused hooking it all up but Rockmeister answered all my questions and it ended up being a piece of cake.

My understanding is when the RED light is on, the Yamaheater is in operation. And, when green light is on your running on original stock heaters. Therefore if your hands are warm with one or two bars only, this is the sleds stock grips keeping you warm. This is only my understanding and not a fact. Rock,can you elaborate on this for me. Thanks.

shawnj said:
My understanding is when the RED light is on, the Yamaheater is in operation. And, when green light is on your running on original stock heaters. Therefore if your hands are warm with one or two bars only, this is the sleds stock grips keeping you warm. This is only my understanding and not a fact. Rock,can you elaborate on this for me. Thanks.

That is somewhat true.
On the regular units that is the case.

On any Boosted units, ALL the settings, factory & YamaHeater, are warmer.

Hope this helps!

Rockmeister said:
shawnj said:

That is somewhat true.
On the regular units that is the case.

On any Boosted units, ALL the settings, factory & YamaHeater, are warmer.

Hope this helps!

Can you please elaborate more Rock.

I have the Yamaheater, no boost that I am aware of?
Is this correct?:

When first starting out or starting the sled, turn on the Yamaheater and make sure both factory thumb and handle bar warmers are set to their lowest or off setting, correct?

Once underway, when you feel the heat, turn off the Yamaheater and use your factory settings, correct?

OR? Do you always leave the Yamaheater on and just use your factory warmers to obtain the desired heat your after?
Sorry, my sled came with them already installed and I only have 3 rides on it so far.
Thanks. ;)!

Back