• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

BETHEVIPER said:
I'll install mine this weekend and give her a try.

Thanks again for putting the time in to make our sleds better.

You are welcome!
Am glad to help and value the appreciation. ;)!
Included my cell number in case you have any questions.
Send me a text & let me know how it goes!

Included a pic below:

33kgg37.jpg

The Warm Hands Controller board is hermetically sealed in Electronic Epoxy Potting Compound.
That way humidity, oil, etc doesn't effect it, and the internal parts are protected from external damage and vibration.
Makes it TOUGH.
This stuff is NOT cheap! But it works awesome! ;)!
(That's why the car manufactures use it.)
(Our ECUs and regulators are sealed in it also.)

Only 3 wires to connect + Power & Ground.
You can see the Power & Ground connections to the left (Red & Black).

The Yellow wire is the ECU input TO the controller near your bars.
The Orange wire is the output to the bars. (Also near your bars)
Blue is the headlight sense wire, it tells the Controller that your sled is running. (Also near your bars)

These 3 are the ONLY wires you have to connect, besides power & ground.

The kit comes with all required connectors and large mounting Ty-wraps.
Current kits are 2x3x1", pretty small and easy to mount.

The crimp connectors are Marine connectors, they won't easily corrode.
(Dielectric grease is still a good idea on any electrical connection.)

Have factory connectors on order, however they may not be here for a relatively long time (weeks), and personally I don't want to wait anymore to have my hands warm!
Want to have warm hands THIS winter! :-o

Two of the wire sets are already connected for you, the display LED, and the Mode Switch.
The other wires are for future use, you don't have to do ANYTHING with them.

what's the switch for and also on a 09 nytro will u still be able to use the stock up down switch to make it warmer or colder on warm daws or just always on hi

rage man said:
what's the switch for and also on a 09 nytro will u still be able to use the stock up down switch to make it warmer or colder on warm daws or just always on hi

Yes, you can use it on your Nytro.
Will post pics of a Nytro install when back from Muni.
The Controller will work on any of the 4-strokes.

Whenever you have the factory controls on ANYTHING but "off", they work as they always did before.

When you have the Mode Switch set to "on", AND turn your warmers "off" from the handlebar controls, the bars will be connected directly to full 12 volts. This makes them warm very fast! ;)!

When the mode switch is set to "off" the ECU functions exactly as it did from the factory, including the warmers being off when set to "off" from the handlebars.

Display LED:
The display LED is not simply an "on" indicator, it shows you what power is ACTUALLY going to the bars!

When in ECU mode, the LED is GREEN and will actually get dimmer as your ECU cuts the power to your grip warmers.

When in FULL HEAT mode, the LED automatically changes color to RED and will stay bright because the grip warmers have full power.

When the grips are off, the LED is off.

You can see what mode the Controller is in without even taking your eyes off the trail. :-o

Mounting the display LED is easy, one 1/4" hole and snap it in.
(Don't have to mount it or the switch if you don't want to. Can simply ty-wrap them out of harms way to the controller)

rockmeister said:
FLYBYU said:
were you still adding that wire for us

One of the wires is for a direct connect to the Remote Start being designed and produced by SNOWDOG & FLYBYU.

When their remote is released to you guys, The Warm Hands Controller AND the Remote Start work together!

When you remote start your sled, the remote will tell the Controller that the remote is active, and then the Controller will automatically set your handwarmers to full blast!

This is so cool. You guys are really on the ball!!!

One quick question. What does this mean for those of us that did the Rockerdan mod? Go back to stock wiring on the 06s or the standard "upgraded" bars? Wouldn't you know I just did the mod this past weekend, as well as added Skinz handguards. Freezing my hands and having to stop and warm them on the exhaust one time in the extreme cold was about enough for me.

warm hands, auto remote starter..........anyone else feeling giddy...! Nice work.

I soooooo cant wait to get this installed.....supposed to get real cold in the East next week.

One quick question. What does this mean for those of us that did the Rockerdan mod? Freezing my hands and having to stop and warm them on the exhaust one time in the extreme cold was about enough for me.

Thank You! :Rockon:

SNOWDOG, FLYBYU, and Myself have communicated many times about this stuff.
Think it will benefit all of us pretty well.

Let me think through the Rockerdan mod and any possible ramifications/issues.
Will post additional info later in this space.
Until then, I would simply enjoy the mods you did! ;)!

Hhahaha! I used to put my gloves under my hood to warm them, friends called it "The Gloven" LMAO

Have the"upgraded" 06 bars and have to admit, I like the heaters all the way to the hooks.

Morning Rock, Paypal funds sent! Can hardly wait for warm hands again. I have the OEM bars on my 07 Attak GT and will give the unit a good test this winter. ;)! Have a trip planned to the UP later this month and trips planned for Northern Ontario in both February and March. I will leave feedback on how the unit performs. :rocks: Best regards, Chuck

Rockmeister,

Nice elegant solution to this handwarmer issue!

Will you be bringing any units to Muni this weekend?

jwifferdill said:
rockmeister said:
FLYBYU said:
were you still adding that wire for us

One of the wires is for a direct connect to the Remote Start being designed and produced by SNOWDOG & FLYBYU.

When their remote is released to you guys, The Warm Hands Controller AND the Remote Start work together!

When you remote start your sled, the remote will tell the Controller that the remote is active, and then the Controller will automatically set your handwarmers to full blast!

One quick question. What does this mean for those of us that did the Rockerdan mod? Go back to stock wiring on the 06s or the standard "upgraded" bars? Wouldn't you know I just did the mod this past weekend, as well as added Skinz handguards. Freezing my hands and having to stop and warm them on the exhaust one time in the extreme cold was about enough for me.

If you put "full" power to that set-up you will likely melt the grips,we wired my friends Viper that way once the grips began to twist on the bar. He orders the 06' stock bars and grips because he liked the bar ends and grips themselves, so it was the exact same setup as you have. Only the ECU didn't limit the power. I wired them in parallel and they were smoken at idle. I would say that you probably shouldn't put both the 06' bars and this mode at the same time as you won't be able to enjoy the full power anyway. Sorry to hijack but I just thought I would add the expirence since the question was asked.

rockmeister said:
rage man said:

Yes, you can use it on your Nytro.
Will post pics of a Nytro install when back from Muni.
The Controller will work on any of the 4-strokes.

Whenever you have the factory controls on ANYTHING but "off", they work as they always did before.

When you have the Mode Switch set to "on", AND turn your warmers "off" from the handlebar controls, the bars will be connected directly to full 12 volts. This makes them warm very fast! ;)!

When the mode switch is set to "off" the ECU functions exactly as it did from the factory, including the warmers being off when set to "off" from the handlebars.

Display LED:
The display LED is not simply an "on" indicator, it shows you what power is ACTUALLY going to the bars!

When in ECU mode, the LED is GREEN and will actually get dimmer as your ECU cuts the power to your grip warmers.

When in FULL HEAT mode, the LED automatically changes color to RED and will stay bright because the grip warmers have full power.

When the grips are off, the LED is off.

You can see what mode the Controller is in without even taking your eyes off the trail. :-o

So basically if your like me I NEVER run with the grips off so I would leave the mode switch on, then adjust the warmers to my comfort, if they are set to max on the switch and my hands are still cold, you take them DOWN from the factory control until the LED lights up RED and then enjoy warm hands. As your driving and the warmers are cooking your hands and you want to cut back simply hit the switch UP to say halfway or where ever your comfortable the LED goes GREEN and keep going. They get cold, ratchet it back DOWN till the LED goes RED again.

So elegant and so easy and NO butchering of the sled! I love it!

Rockmeister,

Do you have a picture of the LED display and maybe another one of it mounted on a sled? And do you still have units available? Thanks, G.B.

Where are these red & green lights you guys are talking about?

I thought this unit was completely hiden!?

You don't just install this kit & then use your normal controls as usual?

THANKS!

BR

Back