• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Great Work

Rock - your customer service is amazing. In today's day and age.....most service sucks. Continue with great products and great service. Thanks for taking the call last night and walking me through a few questions.

The Booster made any amazing improvement on my 07 Apex RTX....gets to the point where it was almost too hot to touch the grips !!!!

Keith

Hey Guys...I got the Plug & Play for my Nytro XTX and I'm having trouble finding the Clutch side factory hand warmer plug...can anyone help me?

2s1n4gx.jpg

Rock thanks for all the help, Yamaheater+Booster=Thermonuclear Grips on an 08 FX Nytro. Finally got to real world test them over the weekend. -8 without the wind chill and I was thinking about turning them down. My friend on his 09 XTX, his hands were absolutely frozen.

Anyway no more cold hands for me, cant even hang on to the grips bare handed when its idling.

:Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

X2

Added Booster to the Yamaheater on my 08 Apex handlebars and rode without gloves in 20*f weather. With stock heaters and gloves I would have froze to death in the same conditions.
Took about 10 minutes to install and test the booster.
Thanks again Rockmeister, great products!

Got mine installed, it was great, -25 and I had arctiva comp rr race gloves on and my hands were toasty

Thanks Rock

I just installed my ,
2010 XTX YAMAHEATER WITH BOOST , WOW !!!

I have installed 8 or 9 Apex yamaheaters , all worked good.

But Wow , only idled the xtx for 2-minutes , could not hold a bare hand on the grips !! They went to 136f that fast!

Nice improvement since last Saturday night my thumb and right hand where just ok ,
and my left hand FROZE ALL NIGHT , without Rocks Magic !!!!

Thanks again , Rock !!!

Rock, I installed my boost last night, will let you know how good it works after I get out for a ride. First imprssions are great, handwarmers heated right up in the garage. Thanks again for the AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE and the lightning fast responses! I wish Yamaha would react that way! Will update after real world test. Thanks again!
Mike D

Can't help but pose a question why the Yamaheater with booster output, wasn't engineered to attain increased performance from original design.

Nytro Booster

What he told me was Yamaha did something different with the Nytro's so the Yamaheater needed to be designed a little differently for them. He now makes the Yamaheater for the Nytro's with the Booster already built into the unit.
Rock is awesome, he doesn't work for Yamaha yet figures this stuff out, finds out about an issue, fixes it then lets you know that he found a fix and helps out again! Nothing but good things to say about Rock.
I wish Yamaha was this helpful!
md

I got my Yamaheater w/ booster for my and my buddy's Nytro 09 before last weekend. On Friday we had cold hands, on Saturday when we had them mounted on our sleds the difference was incredible! In special for my buddy as he has the hands of a woman... These Yamaheaters was as good as I've read on TY and they really make a BIG difference. This is how it should work. Thanks!

Fusion said:
Can't help but pose a question why the Yamaheater with booster output, wasn't engineered to attain increased performance from original design.

Very good question.
Have posted the answer a few times here & woodydog did great at answering alot of it. :Rockon:

Had considered the Booster from the beginning, however it was found that it wasn't needed. (At the time.)

Every bit of electrical power used on your sled comes from the stator, and the stator output is somewhat slim.
So you basically want the grips to be warm enough to ride in cold weather, yet not overkill that could endanger your stator.
If the Booster isn't needed, you risk the stator needlessly.
(That is why I don't recommend the Booster unless you NEED it.)

However, if the Booster IS needed, you aren't drawing much power anyway to start with, so the margins are still acceptable.

We started testing on ~30 sleds and not one of them had the cold bars, therefore we hadn't run into the issue during testing.
After a few people contacted me about it, looked deeply into it to find out what was going on with those particular sleds.
That's when we identified the cold bars, and the particular models/years the cold bars are on.

As soon as the issue was identified, worked many Loooooong hours to get the solution designed, solidified, tested on the trail, & out to you guys.
At this point I am asking much less than what they cost me, to take care of everyone.

It's all part of a changing landscape.
Can't control the factory, can only respond to what they do on their end, and adjust accordingly to take care of everyone.

Hope this answers your question.

Rock :-o

I installed the booster on my 2008 attack ltx last weekend and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I love warm hands when I ride and it's 0 degrees outside. Thank's again Rock !!!!

Rockmeister said:
Fusion said:

Very good question.
Have posted the answer a few times here & woodydog did great at answering alot of it. :Rockon:

Had considered the Booster from the beginning, however it was found that it wasn't needed. (At the time.)

Every bit of electrical power used on your sled comes from the stator, and the stator output is somewhat slim.
So you basically want the grips to be warm enough to ride in cold weather, yet not overkill that could endanger your stator.
If the Booster isn't needed, you risk the stator needlessly.
(That is why I don't recommend the Booster unless you NEED it.)

However, if the Booster IS needed, you aren't drawing much power anyway to start with, so the margins are still acceptable.

We started testing on ~30 sleds and not one of them had the cold bars, therefore we hadn't run into the issue during testing.
After a few people contacted me about it, looked deeply into it to find out what was going on with those particular sleds.
That's when we identified the cold bars, and the particular models/years the cold bars are on.

As soon as the issue was identified, worked many Loooooong hours to get the solution designed, solidified, tested on the trail, & out to you guys.
At this point I am asking much less than what they cost me, to take care of everyone.

It's all part of a changing landscape.
Can't control the factory, can only respond to what they do on their end, and adjust accordingly to take care of everyone.

Hope this answers your question.

Rock :-o

Am I reading this wrong that there is a chance of overloading the stator?
That contradicts this post you made.
"Designed & built alot of electrical smarts right into the Booster.

It has thermal protection, if it is overloaded, the output reduces accordingly until the overload goes away. (Is fully automatic & your grips still work all the time.)
(This includes a shorted output, that way your Booster can't be damaged by an un-intended short in the wiring, failed grip etc.)

The output is also current limited, this means it makes it hard to go outside the safe operating margin envelope of your stator, which helps protect your stator from being overloaded.
(Fully automatic & Goof-proof)
(Even if you change the bars/grips and they are very low resistance which would normally put your stator at serious risk of failure.)"

No problems, just curious.

Back