• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHEATER Nice Warm Hands for 03 - Current Yamaha 4 Strokes

Will get you taken care of Bob!

You need the Boost module.
I offer them at below my cost, just for cases like this.

Send me a PM & will get you taken care of! ;)!
Please include your phone number.

Rock :-o

Rock,

Thanks for the follow up call. Here's what I now know in answer to your q's:
1. She has early '06 bars (2 piece)
2. She was aware she had to turn her factory warmers "off" to use Yamaheater.
3. When I tried it in the shop, I could get the "green" led light, or no led - but never red. What should I check for?

Thanks again,
Bob
Beginning of last season I bought a used yamaheater for my daughters' 03 rx-1. I put '06 apex bars on it as well. She says nothing but lukewarm heat no matter what she does. I'm ready to throw in the towel & buy a new yamaheater if that will fix it. Or is it an insurmountable prob using 06 bars on an 03 rx?

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob!

You are welcome!
Am here to help. ;)!

You have no power to the YamaHeater, that is the reason for the no RED LED.
(The LED is powered by the actual power to the grips, so you know you have nothing in High Heat mode, because you have no RED LED)

Check for power on the Blue and/or Red wire(s).
Red can be hot all the time, Blue must shut-off with the sled.
Suggest connecting both Red & Blue (If you have both) to Red/Blue on your sled, & change the SIG fuse to a 15A.

You are always welcome to call me when you have a meter in hand and the sled in front of you.
Can walk you right through troubleshooting & will usually have you up and running right then.

I purchased an 09 Nytro XTX with a yamaheater on it last year and to me with the heater on it is not much warmer than stock. Just was wondering how to get the booster (I couldn't find it on the webpage) and how much it is. Also, does it replace the yamaheater or piggy back it?

Hey Dude!

The Booster piggybacks onto your YamaHeater.
They are $45. (I sell them below my cost for guys just like you)

It is under the middle pull-down list with this label above it:
ThumbBoost, Starter Saver, Passenger Warmer Fix, Express Shipping, and many other Options...

http://www.yamaheater.com/Order.php

The Boost Module is also P&P for easy install.

PS Welcome to the site! :rocks:

Grassfirebob said:
Rock,

It was the blue wire - simple fix. Thank you so much!

I have never had better customer service on any product! Outstanding Rock :)

Thanks again,

- Bob

Thank you & you are very welcome Bob!

Am here to help!

Thanks! Order was placed!

Rockmeister said:
Hey Dude!

The Booster piggybacks onto your YamaHeater.
They are $45. (I sell them below my cost for guys just like you)

It is under the middle pull-down list with this label above it:
ThumbBoost, Starter Saver, Passenger Warmer Fix, Express Shipping, and many other Options...

http://www.yamaheater.com/Order.php

The Boost Module is also P&P for easy install.

PS Welcome to the site! :rocks:

Rock
Been a long summer and I need a refresher course on the booster. If I remember right it gives higher heat without the YamiHeater on using the rocker and it's bar settings but just doesn't give as much heat to the grips as when combineing the two?
Is this right?

Just booster (YamiHeater off) and oem rocker settings = Hotter then normal OEM.

Booster + YamiHeater on = highest heat (higher then OEM and Booster combined)

Hi Capt!

You are right on!

General info:
The Booster alone was/is not nearly enough.
On some of the early models it got close, but the current draw from the stator was more than I want to see & keep the stator easily safe.

It is still safe with them, however the newer ones maintain a larger safety margin with the stator.

CaptCaper said:
Rock
Been a long summer and I need a refresher course on the booster. If I remember right it gives higher heat without the YamiHeater on using the rocker and it's bar settings but just doesn't give as much heat to the grips as when combineing the two?
Is this right?

Just booster (YamiHeater off) and oem rocker settings = Hotter then normal OEM.

Booster + YamiHeater on = highest heat (higher then OEM and Booster combined)
Rock: I just ordered the yamiheater with boost for my 07 apex, and awaiting it's arrival. I'm very mechanically inclined, but my electrical knowledge is a little lacking. Can you explain this post to me, i'm a little confused. I'm hoping your electrical instructions here can get me through, LOL.

Back