• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamalube or Amsoil?

Hamaha Blue

Did a search, but thousands of matches come up. Got Yamalube 0w-30 semi syn for 8.99 a quart from dealer, can get Amsoil 0w-40 power sport full synthetic for $8.59 a quart. Which would you buy? Anyone know the part number for the Napa Gold filter? Thanks

0-30 will rev quicker and provide more power. Mike Knapp reported this last year. His Attak at the time would walk his buddies sleds. He switched over to 0w-40 amsoil at his next oil change and the tide turned and they walked him. He switched to I beleive a 0-20w and he walked them again.

Not a fan of Amsoil either, but like what I wrote in here(below) it has nothing to do with the quality of the oil, it has to do with consumption issues I experienced.

Again, not saying don't buy it, it is junk etc, just stated for those that choose to use it, check your oil levels frequently as it is possible to have consumption issues like myself and others have experienced.

Most people don't experience any issues and I am not sure what percentage do, but just make sure your not one of them.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=92227

Hamaha Blue said:
Did a search, but thousands of matches come up. Got Yamalube 0w-30 semi syn for 8.99 a quart from dealer, can get Amsoil 0w-40 power sport full synthetic for $8.59 a quart. Which would you buy? Anyone know the part number for the Napa Gold filter? Thanks
Amsoil is a Full synthetic and you are comparing it to a Semi synthetic. You need to compare apples to apples not apples to lemons.
A Full synthetic that is designed for use in you performance four stroke motor is the way to go. Ask your dealer how much a quart of Full synthetic Yamalube will cost and I think your mind will be made up.
Full synthetic will give you cooler engine temps., better gas mileage, less wear, easier cold morning starts and several other benefits.

Amsoil in every thing I own. Best Oil you can buy, period. Made in Superior, WI by a family owned buisness, thats all they make! unlike the corprate giants who make gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and motor oil.

Back