• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 phazer cranks but no start help

Is it a healthy Blue Spark?
Yes healthy blue spark and i deemed it as fouled cuz it would misfire and had no power wen u hit the throttle bogged really bad took plugs out one looks fine the other was burnt and caked black

Yes healthy blue spark and i deemed it as fouled cuz it would misfire and had no power wen u hit the throttle bogged really bad took plugs out one looks fine the other was burnt and caked black
Lets get to basics then. Do you have compression tester?

Well you have spark.You eliminated fuel with the Ether. Lets assume you have valve timing. If you have compression and proper spark timing it will run.

If your thumb is big enough or use hand. Seal it off. Crank it over. If it blows hand/thumb off thats close enough. You positive there is no code?
Ok i have good compression on both cylinders and theres pressure pushing out the exhaust as well wen cranking

Try another set of plugs/Ether and then if no go its got to be Pickup. Try testing it. Specs are in that link I posted. First post.

Here:
Crankshaft position sensor resistance:
189 ~ 231 Ω at 20 °C (68 °F)
(Gray – Black)

Does it crank when it doesn’t start?Electrical. Very time consuming to track down. Grounds are first place to look. Other would be fuel pump relay. Is it red one?
Might have mine figured out. Put battery charger on and it started right away. Doesn't really explain why it would start at 20 below and cold engine, but not warmer with a warm engine though. Had tried bat charger right away, but didn't realize charger wasn't working ( 2 of them quit at once no less)

Might have mine figured out. Put battery charger on and it started right away. Doesn't really explain why it would start at 20 below and cold engine, but not warmer with a warm engine though. Had tried bat charger right away, but didn't realize charger wasn't working ( 2 of them quit at once no less)
That’s cool! I trust no charger except the hum from my old Schumaker.

yea, I was going to say if my battery sits for 2 months and the temp dips 50 deg like I just did in iowa then my ride wont start unless I put a fresh charge on it. It doesn't matter if I run it a couple times a month during the off season either. something about the temp drop is enough to pull the angry pixies from the battery and wont allow enough of them to flow for a cold start.

yea, I was going to say if my battery sits for 2 months and the temp dips 50 deg like I just did in iowa then my ride wont start unless I put a fresh charge on it. It doesn't matter if I run it a couple times a month during the off season either. something about the temp drop is enough to pull the angry pixies from the battery and wont allow enough of them to flow for a cold start.
You must watch Ave! Guy is awesome.

You must watch Ave! Guy is awesome.

bumble fu$%, angry pixies, let the smoke out, treat especia'l, etc. are all phrases I have incorporated into my daily lingo b/c I watch WAAAY to much AVE. lol Canadians crack me up.

Back