• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 lineup !!!

Sas, but the Venture GT did get Fuel Injection with six more hp, along with replaceable bearing bogey wheels and a barn door for a windshield !! Oh, and a trunk! :-o

Saw a tv show sledtrax or something where the turbo cat 170 hp did 105 on ideal conditions on radar? Big whup.
Also thought I saw the xp fold-em chassis was 509 dry weight with the 120 horse 4 stroke. So it'll be about Nytro weight.
Not impressed with the competition as they are unproven (in my book) and doo had many issues this year, as we have many in our club. And gas suckage on that TNT is horrendous. At least it is trying to keep up with the Apex's.
Go Yammy...lol

If you look at the big picture, Yamaha has been a leader for the past number of years by practically inventing the 4 stroke sled market.

Apex a few years ago, Phazer last year, and Nytro this year...They're allowed to take a year off from changing the game.

Having said that, I was still hoping for something new just like the rest of us.

i hope this site doesnt become like doo talk when someone doesnt like the new lineup everyone jumps on them and we start eating our own. If someone likes another brand so what its their money and riding style. I personally if i was in the market be looking at the assualt and maybe the xtx. you cannot deny the poo assualt.

I'll be ordering my FIRST Yamaha this year, and I am VERY GLAD that they didn't change much, because now I know I have a proven design! :)

nodoo_s said:
i hope this site doesnt become like doo talk when someone doesnt like the new lineup everyone jumps on them and we start eating our own. If someone likes another brand so what its their money and riding style. I personally if i was in the market be looking at the assualt and maybe the xtx. you cannot deny the poo assualt.

Yeah, its interesting isnt it. Ride what you want, bottom line. Look at how many choices we have today from every manufacturer. Its really incredible when you think about it. Imagine what it was like in the 60's and 70's when you had about 2 choices from a manufacturer!

nodoo_s said:

The Assualt has got a lot of attention, it is certainly worth WATCHING for a year to see if it is as advertised. But I would not jump ship back to Polaris at this time just because Yamaha did not come out with anything that excites you for this year. Since the 95 Fusion fiasco, Polaris, IMHO, has had a very difficult time delivering to the consumer the engine performance they advertise except for the 600s. They have pulled the plug on their last 3 "new" (900, 755, and 700) engines after just 2 seasons. If the 800 with flatland calibration is as advertised, then the Assualt and Dragon 8s will be some sweet sleds.

SumpBuster said:
Saw a tv show sledtrax or something where the turbo cat 170 hp did 105 on ideal conditions on radar? Big whup.

Far from ideal conditions, the were on a soft packed trail and no other sled top 100mph......it 6mph faster than the F1000.......its going to be fast, and give them credit for sticking a turbo in before yamaha :die

I didnt say i would def jump to poo but i would give it a good look. I just think its funny on other sites that if you have an issue with your sled then everyone jumps all over you for bashing and whining. if i buy a new xtx and experience issues this is the first place i will post and hopfully i get some good advice not torn apart because some other owners haven't experienced the same issue yet. yamaha in my mind is by far the best fit and finish and morst reliable motors out there. but for my riding style i question if they have what i want. i havent rode an xtx yet and that would get my first look and then i would try others to compare.

Deadman said:
I'll be ordering my FIRST Yamaha this year, and I am VERY GLAD that they didn't change much, because now I know I have a proven design! :)

I too like sure things! The constant "give me new every year and complain about new sleds costing too much and not having enough R&D by the same guys" attitude puts all manufactures in a no win situation. I don't want to give Yamaha or any manufacture a free pass for not continuing to develop new stuff, but if the life cycle of a sled is only three years, it seems as though you are trading in one set of minor nusance issues for another set on the new sled..

Good sleds are good in their first year of production, great sleds are good sleds that are developed into great sleds after 2-3 of changes after the consumer gets their hands on it.

nodoo_s said:
I didnt say i would def jump to poo but i would give it a good look. I just think its funny on other sites that if you have an issue with your sled then everyone jumps all over you for bashing and whining. if i buy a new xtx and experience issues this is the first place i will post and hopfully i get some good advice not torn apart because some other owners haven't experienced the same issue yet. yamaha in my mind is by far the best fit and finish and morst reliable motors out there. but for my riding style i question if they have what i want. i havent rode an xtx yet and that would get my first look and then i would try others to compare.

Sorry, did not mean to imply that you were jumping to Polaris. I rode Polaris for many years and jumped to Yamaha in 06. What I meant was that I would not go back to Polaris, meaning me, myself and I.

Just think the shockwave that would have been sent through the industry with a stock Apex putting out 260 hp or a 240 hp Nytro. Oh well. Maybe next year.

I don't think your going to see a stock apex with 260 hp any time soon. Hopefully 170-180 without a turbo is coming soon but i still think Yamaha has the best sled out there right now. Also for all of you that was hoping for more hp in the apex this year if you have not already tried it why not try a turbo or supercharger on your current sled this year. You will forget about the weight and everything else includeing the new turbo AC will be a joke.

Back