• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobileaddict said:
Was hoping for sled with projector HIDs from the factory too. Heated seat is a nice feature though.
Yep, I never seen the NEED for a heated seat until my last ride, spent HOURS playing powder and my snowpants got soaked. On the LONG ride home the temperature dropped to 0*f and I would have payed dearly for a heated seat.

Blue Hornet said:
Well you dont have to worry about BNG,s on the nytro because it doesnt have any graphics at all!

Maybe they did it that way and will just offer different sled "wraps" for it.

Motor seems to be mounted pretty high in the chassis. Oil pan on a Nytro sits flush with the bottom of the front heat exchanger. Also, how the heck do they get the exhaust out of there?!?

Attachments

• clutches.jpg
    clutches.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 2,353
cmharcou said:
I'm guessing the website is going to have to find a new domain:

nottoallyayamaha.com

partiallyayamaha.com

notquiteayamaha.com

yamacat.com

any other ideas?

csi4stroke.com

It will b a sick sled. Having said that. It will have the same quality as cat puts out. I work in manufacturing and we r certified and what not. Which means for one week a year you bust #*$&@ to make it look like u got your stuff together for the audit. Yamaha will hopefully warranty any assembly flaws but how many will they deal with before re looking things. Just a thought.
I'm not as disturbed as I was when It first became reality due to yamaha still selling previous models. Tells me they r still committed. They couldn't pass up selling engines to cat but didn't want to loose what little they had for market share By doing so. Cant beat um join um. Maybe they will have a new chassis to try out for the mnt guys for 15 then trail sled in 16. Lets start a 2015 thread ang get that goin.
There is nothing new for me to flop down 12000 on especially for a chassis that is theoretically 11years old( original rev) even with a genesis motor strapped in.
Maybe instead of a redhead 700 triple in a 440 rev chassis that i wanna build. maybe ill shoe horn a recked nytro motor in it.
Still kinda disappointed.

Yammerhead said:
Motor seems to be mounted pretty high in the chassis. Oil pan on a Nytro sits flush with the bottom of the front heat exchanger. Also, how the heck do they get the exhaust out of there?!?

Side exit exhaust
The exhaust exits out the belly on the SR Vipers. The unique chassis layout allows the exhaust to exit the back of the engine, have the 3-into-1 manifold cooled by snow kicked up through a hole in the tunnel and then bring the pipe back to the muffler in a traditional configuration. The end result is mass centralization, excellent handling and consistent performance

Where the hell do we place the turbo.

Just hoping my supercharger will bolt on without cowl modifications, but with the side exit exhaust i'm not hopeful. Looks like I keep my '09 Nytro for a few more years!

Back