• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 YAMAHA SNOWMOBILES

snopro442 said:
Apex chassis with the new 3 cyl. motor, a co-work saw it last week up in northern Michigan. they wouldn't not open the hood but he said it sounded pretty nice.
So it a vector !!!
What the difference between the apex and vector ?
Nothing really !

"I am wondering if anyone reading this blog, rides a Vector LTX and likes to ride it hard on less than perfect trails? If you are that person and are interested to help Yamaha test out some new bits, drop me a comment and tell my why you da guy!" should give yas a clue about the new sled.

trailhed1 said:
Dear Yamaha, as an Apex guy i beg you please do not change a thing. Do not need any CatPex. I like mine pure Yamaha. Ok bye.

LOL! ;)!

devinzz1 said:
"I am wondering if anyone reading this blog, rides a Vector LTX and likes to ride it hard on less than perfect trails? If you are that person and are interested to help Yamaha test out some new bits, drop me a comment and tell my why you da guy!" should give yas a clue about the new sled.

One of the bits is the performance dampers.

Phatboyc said:
devinzz1 said:

One of the bits is the performance dampers.

Their still keeping on with these damper things?? I was thinking about the posts before about the apex like sled with a 3 cylinder engine (I know theres a vector but if it was wouldnt he just say it was...?

Well I am going to order new sled for next year and would be very happy if they just updated apex with lighter or more powerful motor! I personally would prefer that over a catpex!! Only other sled that would get my interest would be a 4 stoke mach Z????

a new apex is in the making with a brand new chassis with the 4 cylinder engine and a new phazer is known to be coming

source is Greg Spaulding a top engineer from arctic cat

Why would an arctic cat big wig know anything about Yamaha's inside info on their new models...it's a supply agreement. ..Yamaha gets chassis and arctic cat gets motors. It's not a partnership.

Murse said:
To be completely honest though an honest review from a non snowmobiler who rode both my Apex and the Renegade. He said the Renny was more comfortable on the trail but the Apex was way more fun lol I have to agree. I have the Apex running great and the suspension and handling are best they have ever been. The sled is just pure fun. The power and the sound are purely addictive. I am happy but still anxious for the future. I am also still on the fence of a 2011-2014 Apex.
Hey Murse , I have introduced some new riders to Yamaha the last 2 years and I have heard them describe the experience the same way. Many people base their opinion on some coolaid drinker from other brands and never have been on an Apex. Once they do they can't stop talking about how much FUN it is.the most common remark is "the sled pulls like a bullet train ." And the word "Addictive" is used quite a bit Lol.I added a 14 XTX to the stable and I am very impressed with the ride, the power steering and the ex up. I will add that I do like the ride of the Renegade , lets give credit where it is due, but I ride in Northern Maine trails and these trails are very close to Quebec quality so we rarely ride where we would get to noticed the difference in suspension but my ultimate sled would be my apex motor with ex up and power steering in a Renegade with R motion. Hey maybe there is a Renpex in the future. :sled1:

dmanrider said:
Why would an arctic cat big wig know anything about Yamaha's inside info on their new models...it's a supply agreement. ..Yamaha gets chassis and arctic cat gets motors. It's not a partnership.

The sleds are being built at the artic cat factory again just like the Viper was a joint sled between yamaha and cat

I hope it's a different chasis then the viper if they do this... If it is not, it makes no sense. The base viper, or ltx with spring shocks at 130-135hp should fit the Bill for those who want something close to a vector if they go with the same chasis. I don't see a reason to put a detuned (loose term) 120-125hp motor in the same type of chasis and call it a vector. If anything a 100hp phaser, or a 180hp apex makes sense. Each in different shock packages, and lengths like doo, cat, and Polaris do. If anything I hope when the new apex comes out in a couple years that it at least sounds as sweet as it does now. There is no better sounding stock motor in the industry then that Apex.
:sled1:

The only way a new apex is being built at the Arctic Cat plant is if it's a new arctic cat chassis...I don't see yamaha going cat with all there future chassis. Yamaha has said that they are still developing their own new chassis and if that's the case they'll come straight from Japan and have nothing to do with thief river falls. As cool as the viper is...and I think it's an a awesome sled...I sure hope yamaha still develops their own sleds that are 100% yamaha.

Guys the meeting is being held in revel stoke ..... This is a release of a mountain sled and nothing else. One machine guessing two lengths 153/162 the only thing that is up in the air is ......
1) is it in a viper chassis
2) new power plant or just a bigger hp 3 cylinder
3) will it have a factory turbo
And of course the weight

Just a old cat chassi in 153" with Yamaha nytro 3syl engine,and they call it Viper ore maybe Mountain max "New Yamaha Mountain" hahaha!

that the 3 cylinder motor is more than likely the new r1 motorcycle engine that makes 180 horses.

Back