• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Viper XTX- How has installed the Hygear 141 Pro Linkage Kit

whitty915

Veteran
I have a 2016 XTX-SE, absolutely love it on groomed trail, but once you hit any un-groomed trail with 1 foot + moguls, the rear end is awful. Has anyone installed the Hygear Pro Linkage kit? Does it fix the issue? How do you like it?

thanks!

I installed the linkage kit and Hygear Dual Pressure chamber on the rear Float 3 a week ago on my '15 XTX.
To be honest, not sure what to think, yet. That said, didn't get too much seat time on it after I put on the kit and I'm afraid I have a leak on the Dual Pressure chamber (once I have put air in the main chamber I can't get any pressure reading on the pump from the dual chamber...)

I've seen only good reviews of the kit on this site and that's why I bought it, and from what I've read it's suppose to help in the smaller bumps.

Is your XTX SE having the Float Evol in the rear?

As you, I feel the rear end really comes alive in the bigger woops at speed, it seems to bounce around quite a lot. Without being a suspension expert to me it feels like the rebound is too fast (or maybe too much air pressure in the Float??)

Birkebeiner

2015 XTX SE MPI 180 turbo with pro linkage and dual pressure many miles on forest roads with those bumps and works great no issues and is a great groomed trail suspension also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My XTX just has the Fox 3, no Evol.
Yes at higher speeds over the big bumps, the rear end is bouncing up and down like crazy, wont stay on the ground at all.
thanks for the input, still trying to decide if i want to do the kit...

Butches, so you could tell a big difference after installing the pro linkage kit? Did you ride the XTX with the stock suspension and notice the same thing with the rear end just getting thrown all over the place?

whitty I had it installed by the dealer when it was new had no seat time on stock set up went that set up as many on here recommended it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just arrived along with a full Axis suspension. Going to install it all next week but won't be able to ride again this season. :(

It is night and day over the stock XTX in all aspects.. the only think you loose is some weight transfer.

So i've been kicking around this whole ltx vs xtx thing the last couple weeks. Currently on an ltx se, but am spending more and more time off trail which is why I was considering the xtx. If everyone is buying the XTX and then putting a linkage on it, why not just buy the ltx instead? Is there an advantage of the xtx with the hygear - does it transfer less than before the linkage, but still way more than ltx?

I have a 2016 XTX-SE, absolutely love it on groomed trail, but once you hit any un-groomed trail with 1 foot + moguls, the rear end is awful. Has anyone installed the Hygear Pro Linkage kit? Does it fix the issue? How do you like it?

thanks!

Maybe this will help?

If everyone is buying the XTX and then putting a linkage on it, why not just buy the ltx instead? Is there an advantage of the xtx with the hygear - does it transfer less than before the linkage, but still way more than ltx?

@MrSled , or others, can you shed some light on this for me? This is probably the biggest thing that is giving me heartburn over which SW to potentially snowcheck. Thanks!

@MrSled , or others, can you shed some light on this for me? This is probably the biggest thing that is giving me heartburn over which SW to potentially snowcheck. Thanks!

Thats the same issue I had... but I am sticking with the LTX-LE and going to give these new shocks a good shake.

If everyone is buying the XTX and then putting a linkage on it, why not just buy the ltx instead? Is there an advantage of the xtx with the hygear - does it transfer less than before the linkage, but still way more than ltx?

Because the XTX is 141" track vs the LTX's 137". And the XTX has an uncoupled skid, which is suppose to be better for off trail riding. However, the design of the uncoupled skid of the XTX is that it's a falling rate suspension travel. Watch the above video where Hygear explains the issue with it. The linkage kit fixes this issue.

Back