• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 SR VIPER's

super1c

Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 sidewinder LTX-LE
With all the talk of the sidewinders (rightfully so), has anyone heard about any changes on the vipers? Anyone but me snow checking one? Figures im finally going to get a new sled and all the thunder gets stolen by the new bad boy in the yamaha line up. LOL! Im checking a 2017 viper LTX-LE. The dealer said the shock package should be out of this world but has not heard of any other changes.

With all the talk of the sidewinders (rightfully so), has anyone heard about any changes on the vipers? Anyone but me snow checking one? Figures im finally going to get a new sled and all the thunder gets stolen by the new bad boy in the yamaha line up. LOL! Im checking a 2017 viper LTX-LE. The dealer said the shock package should be out of this world but has not heard of any other changes.

This is just my opinion, there are huge rebates on 15- 16 vipers right know. My dealer has them for 10k. The value on vipers are in the toilet right now. Snow checking a 17 is a waist considering there is not much difference.
Right now my 15 Ltxdx with 3120 miles is 6700 whole sale, 7900- 8000 retail and that is with a 5yr warranty on it so you may want to rethink your current decision.

Equivalent shocks would cost very close to $3000 retail. Something to keep in mind if buying a leftover. Of course the takeoffs have value.

This is just my opinion, there are huge rebates on 15- 16 vipers right know. My dealer has them for 10k. The value on vipers are in the toilet right now. Snow checking a 17 is a waist considering there is not much difference.
Right now my 15 Ltxdx with 3120 miles is 6700 whole sale, 7900- 8000 retail and that is with a 5yr warranty on it so you may want to rethink your current decision.

No snow checking is not a waist. As cannondale said shock packageis a $3000 upgrade. IMO the best ever offered by Yamaha. I just bought a 16 ltx se less then a month ago and yes discounted but by the time I added the bags and heated seat and warranty not sure I saved a whole lot. Not to mention I won't be spending the money to upgrade shocks anytime soon. Thanks for the input as this has been considered and well aware of. I'm a 10yr sled guy so this has been thought out, I was more interested in any known changes not leftovers.

I will say though that it's very possible the Sidewinder oil tank and who knows what else will end up on the Vipers. Will it be 17 or 17.5? I don't know. But perhaps waiting for late as possible delivery is advisable.

I just picked up a '15 XTX SE with a $2700 discount (so $3800 less than a '17 snowcheck). With the $3200 they gave me for my blowed-up Polaris it was a pretty sweet deal.

I will say though that it's very possible the Sidewinder oil tank and who knows what else will end up on the Vipers. Will it be 17 or 17.5? I don't know. But perhaps waiting for late as possible delivery is advisable.
I'm also wondering how many 16.5' "gamble rod" motors are sitting in TRF that might make it into early 17's?

I heard the ltx- le also gets the race rear suspension

Have two 2016 vipers love the sleds, but feel like a second class citizen. lol.... New shock package will be nice on the 2017's.The penis (shock) pump can be a pain.

Back