• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Brake Master

@cannondale27 - just curious. Why did you switch to the new master cylinder? Was it just for the comfort of the brake lever alone, or are there other benefits?

Lever and feel. Hard to say which gives it the one finger feel.
I haven't ridden a sled with the new master cylinder - so I can't comment on the feel of the brake (not to be confused with the feel of the lever). But a simple swap to the Polaris brake lever makes a world of difference. The previous style of master cylinder is the same one used on the Polaris Axys chassis. So the brake lever is a direct swap and has a much better feel to it than the long aluminum one used by Yamaha/Cat. I can only assume the lever that comes on the new master cylinder would have the same feel to it.

I haven't ridden a sled with the new master cylinder - so I can't comment on the feel of the brake (not to be confused with the feel of the lever). But a simple swap to the Polaris brake lever makes a world of difference. The previous style of master cylinder is the same one used on the Polaris Axys chassis. So the brake lever is a direct swap and has a much better feel to it than the long aluminum one used by Yamaha/Cat. I can only assume the lever that comes on the new master cylinder would have the same feel to it.
Probably

Its where all Cats/Yamacats need to be body work and control wise. Could pick up back end with one hand. Read my mind it seemed response wise. So easy and dare I say it. Refined.
On and off trail were this impressive?

Back