• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 SRX/Sidewinder Leaking Oil

Check the top of your oil tank to make sure the casting was knocked out with a vent hole. Mine wasn’t and had a slow oil leak. The round part on top that has 4 bolts holding it on. It’s under there. Could probably pull the ROV hose off the top of it and check with a flash light
Ah yes will do.. didnt leak a drop last year

Attachments

• 2019-01-22 22.36.44.jpg
    2019-01-22 22.36.44.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 318

My 2019 was leaking also I.just resealed it with permatex today!! Giving it a full 24hrs to cure before.adding Oil!!
I also got rid of.the roll over valve!!!

I forget the company but a guy on the FB page mentioned he made oil tanks for the Nytro's and he's making one for the Winder where it bolts in same place but its a self contained tank, which makes a heck of a lot of sense.
Yeah I already contacted them over a yr ago....first time they asked me if I would send them my tank to help mockup, and when I replied, I never heard back again....and not since, as I have emailed several times.

Its really too bad, as this would be a huge money maker for someone to build one. Maybe Dave at Hurricane will?! !

Dan

Just another item that convinces me that if I decide to pickup a SW, I will obviously have to get it in the spring so I have all summer long to disassemble the complete sled, correct all the factory issues, and then reassemble by December.

Its real easy. If you have oil in you intake tube then the hole in your oil tank is cut out lol

Back