• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha Snowmobiles – Be ready when the flag drops!!!

Really its already been released, zr9000 thundercat with better colors

Really its already been released, zr9000 thundercat with better colors
Yes, Sidewinder SRX, 1 inch track, lower with fancy shock package. Yamaha will continue to sell more of these machines simply due to the fact they have done a much better job with styling.

Whats the point of the electronic shock package on the SRX? If you lowered it and are marketing it as a lake racer, I think the last thing a lake racer would care about is adjustable dampening on the fly. I think this is a mis-step on how to package a sled. :dunno:

It seems like Yamaha will come out with some cool stuff from time to time that no one is really asking for. There are many areas that need to be refined or improved upon that they seem to just ignore. How about a better gauge package? How about Mitsubishi electronics on "Yamaha" sleds, how about addressing the reverse system? One reason they are so heavy I think is because of that chain case / reverse setup. For comparison, the ZR 6000 ES has a listed dry weight of 497; Polaris 600 Rush Pro-S is 432 (pull start); and the Doo Blizzard 600R Gen 4 is 480 (electric start).

It's hard to look at all the new engines they have released in other products lately and not wonder if they would work in a snowmobile. The new 847 twin in the wolverine X4 seems like it could slip right into a sled. 110hp NA, and boosted to 150-160hp. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Smaller engine and one less cylinder = lighter! :confused:

They clearly do not care anymore.

Here is the time for the release. I' really hoping for a 110hp Phazer to boost our younger following this year. Next year I hear is the big year for a special Yamaha chassis. I believe the days are over though for any sled manufacturer to have multiple chassis designs. They will all be similar versions of themselves like Cat, Doo, and most Polaris. Helps streamline assembly and costs to make your 600, 700, 800, and 1000cc classes similar. With the only different models being your 2-ups, and work horses like the Viking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180305-205726.jpg
    Screenshot_20180305-205726.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 173
Here is the time for the release. I' really hoping for a 110hp Phazer to boost our younger following this year. Next year I hear is the big year for a special Yamaha chassis. I believe the days are over though for any sled manufacturer to have multiple chassis designs. They will all be similar versions of themselves like Cat, Doo, and most Polaris. Helps streamline assembly and costs to make your 600, 700, 800, and 1000cc classes similar. With the only different models being your 2-ups, and work horses like the Viking.

I think your in for a shocker..

I think your in for a shocker..
Agree... They wanted the sneak peak release out. I wouldn't of been told :we are releasing something that will make you very happy this year", and just give us a reworked sidewinder. I'm still betting on a 600 class two stroke phazer some day soon.

Back