• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well can’t believe I’m going to say this but maybe and I say maybe we could see a 1984 And 1997 all over again.
But until then. I’ll be riding my Gade X.

Well can’t believe I’m going to say this but maybe and I say maybe we could see a 1984 And 1997 all over again.
But until then. I’ll be riding my Gade X.

A 1984 or 1997 would be amazing, however I still believe the only way it would be successful is to offer it with a 2 and 4 Stroke.

Think about this...
Cat was on top in the 70’s
Yamaha was on top in the 80’s
Polaris was on top in the 90’s

Then came the Rev.

Will Doo stay on top forever at this point? At this point it appears that way.

All Yamaha has to do is make a commitment to bringing back the 2 stroke. Try and get CR back. And yes have a 4 stroke but also a 2 stroke. Like everyone else.
Forget about their marketing and research team. Get a few. Guys that bleed snowmobiling
4 and 2 stroke. And spend the next 2-3 months and go around to your dealers talk to them and also invited that dealers customers out for that day and accually let them talk to them and ask what they( customers) want and accually do it.
If you give what customers want you tend to sell a lot more.

Seems to be working for Doo and Poo.

It'll be the same lineup as the 2019s, with Yamaha still trying to sell off the older model 2017 & 2018s.

Sales have fallen due to global warming and overpricing.
Looks like Yamaha has seen this increasing trend and is getting out. It appears they will milk the brand name as much as they can before the exit tho.
People can’t afford the sport anymore I see it with the average age of snowmobilers. Younger people don’t have $15k laying around to spend on a vehicle they use two months a year.

Yamaha has the VK 2 stroke yet.... Hate to say this but even my buddies are going ski-doo...... i've had ski-doo before in 97. Its staring to look good on the other side of the fence guys...... Ride, Fuel mileage, dont know about the bulk heads on the 850's as far as taking a hit. But who knows.Mini rant done.:beer::drink::drink:

I love my 850. Sorry to say this sled out shines anything Yamaha had built so far. Power is awesome it’s light and nimble handles really well so far. Haven’t even set it up yet .
I traded my Nytro xtx Supercharged for the 850 and the Gade kills the Nytro in every way.
As for power Nytro being in Winder territory
The 850 Feels like it’s the same. Being so light and all.
Going off Trail no worries there. Not like the Nytro worried about barring it.
As it looks now I have just ordered a ‘19 Gade X
I have. Atleast 3 years. With Doo . As I will never buy a first year platform. So ‘19 is lost cause as we have seen today. If ‘20 was 1st year 2 stroke Won’t buy. So there could be a chance I’d be back in ‘21 if Yamaha listens to their customers.
Until then I will enjoy my Doo
Yamaha wil always have a place .
2 strokes that is

Yamaha has the VK 2 stroke yet.... Hate to say this but even my buddies are going ski-doo...... i've had ski-doo before in 97. Its staring to look good on the other side of the fence guys...... Ride, Fuel mileage, dont know about the bulk heads on the 850's as far as taking a hit. But who knows.Mini rant done.:beer::drink::drink:

Ironically the last “Yamaha built” snowmobile is a 2 Stroke. I guess Johnny Skeptical was right after all. haha! :)

I don't know if big Y will make it back or not. One thing for sure is they have been forced to duck and cover from corporate. This is contrary to everything I've experienced in a large company where getting in front with the next big thing is the ONLY way to survive. I think there is still some passion left in the Cat world and a Cat with a Yamaha engine ain't the worst outcome that could happen. Suzuki and Kawasaki had their own sleds back in the day. Nobody would expect them to re-enter the sled market today. Yet Suzuki was building sled engines for Cat just a year or two ago. I wonder if they were ever tempted to release a new Suzuki branded sled in a Cat chassis?

I
Sales have fallen due to global warming and overpricing.
Looks like Yamaha has seen this increasing trend and is getting out. It appears they will milk the brand name as much as they can before the exit tho.
People can’t afford the sport anymore I see it with the average age of snowmobilers. Younger people don’t have $15k laying around to spend on a vehicle they use two months a year.

If Polaris can sell Indy 550's for just under 8k there is no reason yamaha can't offer something similar.

I

If Polaris can sell Indy 550's for just under 8k there is no reason yamaha can't offer something similar.
Agree with this definitely see it as a good market as kids get too old for the sno scoot but are not ready for a Viper yet.

I love my 850. Sorry to say this sled out shines anything Yamaha had built so far. Power is awesome it’s light and nimble handles really well so far. Haven’t even set it up yet .
I traded my Nytro xtx Supercharged for the 850 and the Gade kills the Nytro in every way.
As for power Nytro being in Winder territory
The 850 Feels like it’s the same. Being so light and all.
Going off Trail no worries there. Not like the Nytro worried about barring it.
As it looks now I have just ordered a ‘19 Gade X
I have. Atleast 3 years. With Doo . As I will never buy a first year platform. So ‘19 is lost cause as we have seen today. If ‘20 was 1st year 2 stroke Won’t buy. So there could be a chance I’d be back in ‘21 if Yamaha listens to their customers.
Until then I will enjoy my Doo
Yamaha wil always have a place .
2 strokes that is

Key word...SEEMS as fast.
I would bet the farm that 850 couldn’t beat my old 780 SRX on the lake or on a windy trail.
600’ Radar run on snow I beat the 6~7 of them fastest one did 68mph. They are not very fast.

Yamaha is probably gone in 2020 with cat following in 2021-22..... UNLESS Yamaha recommits to sleds by buying Cat for double what Textron paid so shareholders are rewarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back