• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I was just out riding near the Yamaha test area this afternoon when I came across these tracks. Looks like they're really listening to us and gone after some very significant weight reduction. Rumors are this thing really flies too. Apparently they haven't worked out the steering yet, probably 2021 before it's released.

Tracks.JPG
Not cat tracks for sure. Lol

Does anybody recall how long before the official release we started seeing the teaser vids for the Viper and Sidewinder?
Seems like if there was something other than BNG we should see teasers any time now

Ski-Doo's release date is Feb 18th at 10:10 pm (EST). Thats Monday night. No teaser from them that I'm aware of.

Looking back to previous patents, what if Yamaha combined the tilting front end with the Cat single rail skid? Could even use the linked shock resi that debuted on the Apex.

Looking back to previous patents, what if Yamaha combined the tilting front end with the Cat single rail skid? Could even use the linked shock resi that debuted on the Apex.
What are you wanting a powder sled? The reservoir front end was to keep both skis planted in turns not what a powder rider wants when carving powder. Trail sled the Alpha makes no sense either so again what are you wanting to create?

What are you wanting a powder sled? The reservoir front end was to keep both skis planted in turns not what a powder rider wants when carving powder. Trail sled the Alpha makes no sense either so again what are you wanting to create?
The Yamaha patent had a track that tall lugs in the middle that got smaller to the outside edges to allow the front suspension, and sled, to lean into a corner on the trail. The Cat single rail would basically allow the same thing while maintaining lug height across the track. I could see it working well on a powder sled too, especially with the cross talking shocks. Pressure on the inside ski would push the outside ski down, basically a reverse swaybar!

The Yamaha patent had a track that tall lugs in the middle that got smaller to the outside edges to allow the front suspension, and sled, to lean into a corner on the trail. The Cat single rail would basically allow the same thing while maintaining lug height across the track. I could see it working well on a powder sled too, especially with the cross talking shocks. Pressure on the inside ski would push the outside ski down, basically a reverse swaybar!
The alpha does that by design front reservoir shock adds weight wouldn’t be necessary in powder application. Added riser to my Apex xtx draws me forward so front skis stay planted. Although I do like reservoir shocks concept I would like to see eps evolve to new 150-160 hp trail sled.

How much extra would you guys pay for a 50 lb lighter Sidewinder or anything of that size or Apex. Or a hundred pounds lighter?

Anyone see the other leak for arctic cat? C tech 9000. Supposedly the 880cc motor i was talking about earlier in this thread. I wonder if it is true and yammi built like i was told.

Maybe yamaha is supplying all the motors for cat??

How much extra would you guys pay for a 50 lb lighter Sidewinder or anything of that size or Apex. Or a hundred pounds lighter?
It would have to have eps and skis that turn more interested in Apex replacement at 150 to 160 hp. The usual usd of $12k with incentives would be doable. Price increase for the big dog SW.

Anyone see the other leak for arctic cat? C tech 9000. Supposedly the 880cc motor i was talking about earlier in this thread. I wonder if it is true and yammi built like i was told.

Maybe yamaha is supplying all the motors for cat??
Good question. Yamaha has a 2 stroke 600 already in the European market and has the Ctech motor under the hood. Bigger question is why they designated it the 9000? Wasn't that reserved for the 998 turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back