• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yamaha and cat are clearing the table for something truly big for 2021
LOL
Maybe 880 is actually a new Yamaha motor and they have to wait for 2020 Yamaha release date to publicize?
Maybe but i dont think so. If Yamaha did make a 880 2 stroke they maybe made it for a swap deal . Articcat get a motor and Yamaha get to use the Alpha skid with Yamaha stickers on the Cat sled with Alpha skid and that engine.

Maybe Yamaha has answered, throwing there hat back into the 2 stroke ring, the new 880, if this happens there will probably be other 2 strokes in there line up nested nicely into their new cutting edge chassis. :drink:

Industrial grade endoscope/borescope with selectable, real time visual dash display of inner chain case and front axle bearing rotation monitor functions!!
It's called iSee!! lol

New partnership deal with blue diamond in the works:

Backhoe.JPG

Wow, I thought that after AC made its announcement that this thread would light up like a Christmas tree with new clues about what to expect from Yamaha. Instead,it’s “crickets”! I think the AC reveal was kind of scary, with possibly all sleds being spring order only,and no Yamaha engines except the 998 turbo.

On the other hand, no more 1049 cc engine for AC. That must mean the Viper is out of production, and unless Yamaha is giving up on everything except the Sidewinders, there must be at least one new sled from Yamaha! Will Yamaha be making its version of the Riot in 4-stroke?

I'm still holding out hope for an 880 announcement on March 5th. I just think it's really strange that that post came up on a different forum with a bunch of information on this mysterious motor. Unless it's not ready for production yet and we see it from AC in MY2021

If you noticed cat did not indicate our 794 cc engine for its riotX like it did for its riot.
Rumour has it an 880 is just around the corner for yamaha at 178hp....

Looks like textron is trimming the fat cat and concentrating on the sled's that are profitable to them, but the dealer's are still flooded with old stock, so not sure how this spring order only thing is going to pan out for them.

If you noticed cat did not indicate our 794 cc engine for its riotX like it did for its riot.
Rumour has it an 880 is just around the corner for yamaha at 178hp....

I still don't see an 880 in a sled so hard to believe it is coming. 1049 out of production while still regarded as the best 4 stroke engine made for power sports? Who knows what is up, but I am not holding my breath.

Think cat last year anounced the 4strokes same day as Yamaha (a week later) and they are dropping prices same day as Yamaha reveal...

The changes to the ctec 800 could be refinements from Yamaha and/or they are supplying the engines for two strokes also..

Well see next week I guess..

You know and I know you are being facetious. Look at the arctic cat ATVs and look at Yamaha ATVs. Clearly there is a difference. And when Yamaha releases they’re made in Japan snowmobiles, there will once again be a noticeable difference in engineering and build quality.
And when will that be? 2021 or 2022 or?

I still don't see an 880 in a sled so hard to believe it is coming. 1049 out of production while still regarded as the best 4 stroke engine made for power sports? Who knows what is up, but I am not holding my breath.

Really? Is that the one that grenades on start up? Now the 998 4 on the other hand is the best 4 stroke engine ever and its gone so why not the 1049?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back