• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We are still working through the chain-case gear and driveshaft at this time"
I would take that as a no, but they are aware and looking to solve those problems.

Even if I was told there would be a mid-season update for fixes on these issues I would spring order a new srx. It's just been 5 years without a fix....

I'm sorry but I have ZERO hope in Yamaha fixing any of the problems with their sleds. They have had years now to fix these problems and they have chose to do nothing. All the problems could easily be fixed so why not do it already? Thats the part that gets me. Its tells me they don't care one bit about the customers problems. Sorry guys but your problems aren't get fixed any time in the near future.

Wow that was some reading! I just came back from my last trip of the season. 2017 Sidewinder 9800 miles. I thought I would take a break from unpacking and read through this. I guess I thought the 21 lineup wasn’t to bad. I actually like the colors and decals on the winders and vipers. Guys these sleds have been cats since the mutual supply agreement started how long ago? Not saying they are perfect. THE MAJOR issue still is the driveshaft and driveshaft bearing. Not saying the ONLY issue but by far the most pressing IMO. Cat or Yamaha could you please address this?
Very cool that they came with a single keel ski. It shows they are trying maybe not as much as some on here like. Also they did address the POS roll over valve by heating it on the 20. Not sure of the results on that but they are trying. Sight glass is gone? Nice! And the hoses up under tunnel are being changed to different more durable material! Nice!
Last but not least all the guys saying “that’s it I’m done I’m going to ski doo” see you later and good luck. Take your negativity over to doo talk and bitch about your oil consumption and time bomb motors. O wait they have yet another “ improved front end chassis”. What was wrong with the last one? Remember how light and nimble and great it was 3 years ago?

With the fixes I have done to my sidewinder I am very happy with my sled now.
Zero blown belts this year in 2500 miles of tuned miles.
My sled was a belt blower stock and would not get over 300 miles on a belt.
Hard to upgrade to a new one when this one is working so well.

Sure will be fun and intresting to see this new Mountain Max to go head-to-head against Cat's Alpha One next coming winter!!
Really hoping some magazine manages to bring these two beasts together for some serious bottom-less snow testing, and after the (snow-) dust have settled, also bring out a winner!

That would be a battle!
With this new-developed machine from YAMAHA, I'm willing to bet that Alpha One don't stand a chance!
Of course I know they look very similar on paper, but it is in the details things will make you win or lose...

EDIT;
My 11-year old son just said this to me:
- Dad... are you high now, or just stupid??
Why on earth, do you want to see 2 sleds that are made on the same production line, do a fight against each other...
Mom!... Dad is getting worse, now he's senile!!
Me:
- But, but... Don't you think, at least, this nice Yama-blue colour will make it perform better than the Alpha??

Wow that was some reading! I just came back from my last trip of the season. 2017 Sidewinder 9800 miles. I thought I would take a break from unpacking and read through this. I guess I thought the 21 lineup wasn’t to bad. I actually like the colors and decals on the winders and vipers. Guys these sleds have been cats since the mutual supply agreement started how long ago? Not saying they are perfect. THE MAJOR issue still is the driveshaft and driveshaft bearing. Not saying the ONLY issue but by far the most pressing IMO. Cat or Yamaha could you please address this?
Very cool that they came with a single keel ski. It shows they are trying maybe not as much as some on here like. Also they did address the POS roll over valve by heating it on the 20. Not sure of the results on that but they are trying. Sight glass is gone? Nice! And the hoses up under tunnel are being changed to different more durable material! Nice!
Last but not least all the guys saying “that’s it I’m done I’m going to ski doo” see you later and good luck. Take your negativity over to doo talk and bitch about your oil consumption and time bomb motors. O wait they have yet another “ improved front end chassis”. What was wrong with the last one? Remember how light and nimble and great it was 3 years ago?
I’ll x2 on the good luck..
Last week my buddies indestructible 850 doo blew his chain case to pieces, pieces came out the rear casing. Chain tensioner let go and pushed through the case.

Sure will be fun and intresting to see this new Mountain Max to go head-to-head against Cat's Alpha One next coming winter!!
Really hoping some magazine manages to bring these two beasts together for some serious bottom-less snow testing, and after the (snow-) dust have settled, also bring out a winner!

That would be a battle!
With this new-developed machine from YAMAHA, I'm willing to bet that Alpha One don't stand a chance!
Of course I know they look very similar on paper, but it is in the details things will make you win or lose...

EDIT;
Why on earth, do you want to see 2 sleds that are made on the same production line, do a fight against each other...
Me:
- But, but... Don't you think, at least, this nice Yama-blue colour will make it perform better than the Alpha??
I have heard that the mapping for the the new mountain max is spot on and pulls very hard. I'd like to see them side by side.

In one of the Yamaha vids they said the mountain max is 25lbs heavier then the Cat 800 alpha, the mountain max has electric start.

How do you find the Alpha on the trails?Need to do some trail riding to get to the good spots.
It's decent.. ice scratchers down and if it's hard packed you will get a dirtbike kinda feel with the track more "sloppy" than normal.. takes a few hours before it's normal

That would be a battle!

EDIT;
Me:

Hey, you aren't senile; the Yamaha sled will have Yamaha skis, and at least according to rumor, it will have Yamaha ECU programming! That, along with the pretty blue color, ought to be enough to sink that Alpha One into second place!

Resized_20200209_162456_87799892922697.jpeg.jpg
Resized_20200209_155709_87799746688687.jpeg
I'm sorry but I have ZERO hope in Yamaha fixing any of the problems with their sleds. They have had years now to fix these problems and they have chose to do nothing. All the problems could easily be fixed so why not do it already? Thats the part that gets me. Its tells me they don't care one bit about the customers problems. Sorry guys but your problems aren't get fixed any time in the near future.
What chaincase problems??

I am very happy with mine. Many of those miles were solo trips. Did I have issues? Yup but not as many as my Phazer and a whole lot easier and comfortable putting those miles on and I still am not done this year hopefully. Here is a few tidbits of info you all may be interested in.
60E48E67-AFF4-40F5-93DF-2524DCF3246B.jpeg
2D4E198A-50DD-4AC3-9E9C-0259D6632CF9.jpeg
B4DAF134-0D21-40F1-8218-248F4F8C7BA3.jpeg
7615C931-84CB-49DD-8CA1-3C9F3CEAD23A.jpeg

And if anyone thinks that I would buy a Cat over a Yamaha”Cat”. No way. I look forward to a long future with Yamahas. Hoping to buy a Venom Mountain and selling my RR. Can’t wait to play with that sled next year. Going to be FUN and I can afford it.

Mainly because of chaincase and driveshaft issues, I traded my sidewinder last spring for a 2020 900t, 3000 kms his season no issues, very easy to service and adjust chain. Miss the power of the sidwinder but not the headaches. However if Yamaha fixes chaincase and drive axle , I will be back on one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back