• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here you are saying you have had drive shaft failure with the BOP wedge installed? I don't think I have read anyone else having an issue yet. Hoping this is not true. For me this is the one issue they should be diligently working on to correct. You spend $15,000 on a sled that junks a driveshaft every year or two. Unacceptable. ..... and more unacceptable to continue throwing new sleds out there with the same issue.
Thanks for making me clarify. One sled running the wedge now has another problem as the notch for the circlip outside brake disc wore and the clip disappeared. Not bashing bop at all but not really sure how the wedge is working on the others yet as it's not visible when installed. If the driveshaft is already worn to the point mine was I dont believe the wedge can correct a 9 thousandths gap. #1 Has anyone installed the wedge in a new driveshaft on the workbench to check its ability. #2 wont the brake rotor also limit the amount of expansion?

Thanks for making me clarify. One sled running the wedge now has another problem as the notch for the circlip outside brake disc wore and the clip disappeared. Not bashing bop at all but not really sure how the wedge is working on the others yet as it's not visible when installed. If the driveshaft is already worn to the point mine was I dont believe the wedge can correct a 9 thousandths gap. #1 Has anyone installed the wedge in a new driveshaft on the workbench to check its ability. #2 wont the brake rotor also limit the amount of expansion?

This would be something for BOP direct and should not really be in this thread.

So......you guys wanted a factory Turbo, you got it. You wanted a 2 stroke motor again (possible Yamaha R&D in it), you got it. You wanted a kids sled (SRX and Snoscoot), you got it. You wanted a smaller sled (Venom) for wives and/or bigger kids, you got it. You wanted a mountain sled, you got it both in 400 and 800. You wanted a all Japanese sled (VK/Venture TF) , you still have it.
Travis at BOP has fixed some of the procross issues, we all have fixed DB issues. Hopefully someone has the chain case issue fix in the works.
I got back last night from 800 flawless miles in the UP, seen several POO/DOOs being towed, seen a Nytro that blew a track and looking at the track he wore thru the track clips and through the ribs of the track, self induced!
I will more then likely keep my XTX until I give up the sport, maybe we will see.
If you want to switch brands, GO! Most of us are tired of hearing the crying. I think they have a good line up after coming off of a few bad years. If the 400 2s holds up, or they throw in a 4s in the future, might be a great sled for my Wife, the XTX is really way to much sled for her but needed to have PS, I will watch for a demo ride of the VENOM, maybe they will be at one of the TY rides in Muni?
Can you pull that off Tom?

Read the post prior to yours (#1190)
Not crying, these are legitimate issues unresolved too this day!
You have some very low expectations if your ok with these issues.
Please don’t compare Yamaha to other brands in order to justify these inadequacies, that’s a cop out. Start demanding more for your money!
YOU are the consumer and what you value/want helps dictate what the company produces. Stop being Satisfied with rebranded machines and unresolved issues,
Demand more for your $$$ for cripes sake it’s a Yamaha and costs thousands more than the same machine with different stickers!

Peace out have a great summer,
CM

Well put Clutchmaster. Some guys will have to sit out for months of riding season, waiting on backordered parts and repairs, before they realize this. Worst parts is, Yamaha puts the exact same parts back in under warranty. So you know that its just a matter of time before it happens again. Being fast is great, and something Yamaha was always good at. Fast wont happen when your $15k sled pops into reverse at 80mph tho.

some of my thoughts. I can see where the complainers are coming from. For those who say the sidewinder is so much better than the apex is just not fair. If the apex chassis had evolved the same as cat we would be having a totally different conversation. Of course the sidewinder handles better, faster, etc. But we can compare the quality and attention to detail in both sleds and i think most would agree the apex takes that catagory. Cat, poo, doo in my opinion all make a better skid for sure. But when it comes to engine, electronics, clutches nothing compares to my yamahas. The best way for me to expain it is going back to my first yamaha. My dad bought us a brand new 1981 enticer 250 after being on all used sleds up to that point. Ill never forget the feel, smell, way that sled felt to ride to this day. It just exuded quality. I bought used for a quite a few years after that and finally bought new again in 07, a cat f7. Yes a cool looking sed. But when looking under hood and the way it felt at the bars not even close to the feeling with the enticer. The quality and pride of ownership just was not in the same ballpark. Now next brand new sled purchase was my current 07 apex rtx. And i will tell ya that same enticer feeling came back the second i sat on it at the dealer to pick it up. Just incredible quality. Have i had problems, of course, but never stranded and still on same clutches and untouched engine after 13000 miles. So in summary, I think some of you guys never expierienced that true yamaha feeling you get from owning one from new. Point Blank, some of these new sleds have zero yamaha in them. They are cats straight up. That is not yamaha products and these guys have every right to complain.

some of my thoughts. I can see where the complainers are coming from. For those who say the sidewinder is so much better than the apex is just not fair. If the apex chassis had evolved the same as cat we would be having a totally different conversation. Of course the sidewinder handles better, faster, etc. But we can compare the quality and attention to detail in both sleds and i think most would agree the apex takes that catagory. Cat, poo, doo in my opinion all make a better skid for sure. But when it comes to engine, electronics, clutches nothing compares to my yamahas. The best way for me to expain it is going back to my first yamaha. My dad bought us a brand new 1981 enticer 250 after being on all used sleds up to that point. Ill never forget the feel, smell, way that sled felt to ride to this day. It just exuded quality. I bought used for a quite a few years after that and finally bought new again in 07, a cat f7. Yes a cool looking sed. But when looking under hood and the way it felt at the bars not even close to the feeling with the enticer. The quality and pride of ownership just was not in the same ballpark. Now next brand new sled purchase was my current 07 apex rtx. And i will tell ya that same enticer feeling came back the second i sat on it at the dealer to pick it up. Just incredible quality. Have i had problems, of course, but never stranded and still on same clutches and untouched engine after 13000 miles. So in summary, I think some of you guys never expierienced that true yamaha feeling you get from owning one from new. Point Blank, some of these new sleds have zero yamaha in them. They are cats straight up. That is not yamaha products and these guys have every right to complain.
I know the feeling. But ones definition of refined is not the same as others. My idea of refined is as I am riding. Lots of miles. Enjoying the handling,power,lack of noise and feedback. Just enjoying the scenery. Cripes last weekend as riding I was wondering why Cruise Control wasnt on my sled! I am not looking at fit and finish. I am "Feeling and hearing" there is just no comparison to the ProCross chassis and its ease of riding vs any other Yamaha ever made.

Read the post prior to yours (#1190)
Not crying, these are legitimate issues unresolved too this day!
You have some very low expectations if your ok with these issues.
Please don’t compare Yamaha to other brands in order to justify these inadequacies, that’s a cop out. Start demanding more for your money!
YOU are the consumer and what you value/want helps dictate what the company produces. Stop being Satisfied with rebranded machines and unresolved issues,
Demand more for your $$$ for cripes sake it’s a Yamaha and costs thousands more than the same machine with different stickers!

Peace out have a great summer,
CM
Nobody said they are ok with the issues Clutchmaster. Jaret said they are working on them and I believe it. In meantime with a bit of effort or $ there is very few reasons for missing a ride. I believe I proved that this winter riding my 17000mi Viper every single weekend starting NewYears. Only thing that is going to stop me from riding is Mother Nature. I dont think a guy can ask any more of a sled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Yamaha should take a moment and look at what they put their loyalists through the last 5 years, without any real explanation to them on the direction they were taking the sled division. Maybe then there would be a lot less bashing and negativity by loyal consumers and the threat to pull off of TY by Yamaha wouldn't have been stated.

I think Yamaha should take a moment and look at what they put their loyalists through the last 5 years, without any real explanation to them on the direction they were taking the sled division. Maybe then there would be a lot less bashing and negativity by loyal consumers and the threat to pull off of TY by Yamaha wouldn't have been stated.

It was not a threat, it was a statement that if we cant talk civil he would not even try to answer questions.

Nobody said they are ok with the issues Clutchmaster. Jaret said they are working on them and I believe it. In meantime with a bit of effort or $ there is very few reasons for missing a ride. I believe I proved that this winter riding my 17000mi Viper every single weekend starting NewYears. Only thing that is going to stop me from riding is Mother Nature. I dont think a guy can ask any more of a sled.
Hard to believe they are working on fixing the problems. BOP has done waaay more to keep those yamacats on the trail than yamaha has. Maybe they need to hire Travis

Hard to believe they are working on fixing the problems. BOP has done waaay more to keep those yamacats on the trail than yamaha has. Maybe they need to hire Travis
I guess you werent around the ProCross chassis before Yamaha got involved. Go back to 2012 and 13 and do some reading. I am 100% correct in my statement. Does quality still need improvements? Yes but it always will and always has for any Snowmobile.

For some reason, I was excited for the 2021 model release... I sold my Nytro at the beginning of winter, and planned on buying a new sled either this spring, or next winter, but I'm pretty disappointed in the choices now. I wasn't opposed to buying a YamaCat, but I would have liked to see more of the Yamaha fit and finish that used to set them apart from the other manufacturers. It used to be that you paid extra for a Yamaha, but you were getting something for your money! You got a refined, dependable machine that you got on and rode! Now, they're as bad as the rest of them. If I'm gonna go buy a sled to work on, I'm not gonna spend 18k on it! I'll go buy a year old Doo or Poo for 7k, and throw it away when I'm done with it in a couple years! I didn't have unreal expectations of a new Japanese built machine, I was simply hoping for more refinement of what they already had. To me, simply slapping Yamaha stickers on a Cat sled is a huge step backwards, what a disappointment. I wish the Yamaha engineers would use this forum as their R&D. See what the common complaints are with the sleds, then fix them! That's it! Produce a quality, dependable product, that works as advertised, and people will buy that product! Seems simple....

Your 100% right on there cannondale27.....never was a fan of cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back