• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2021 stryke ski

You should never have to move your limiter straps that is the last adjustment You should do and only if it absolutely needs to be done. If you pull it up you are limiting your travel and putting more ski pressure on the front. If you let it out your risking blowing out you center shock. The 2020 service manual also says to put rear suspension bolts in the lower hole. So what does that tell ya

Why have the Thundercat rear suspension bolts in the upper hole?

Snow trackers are in, after the great ride with stock carbides this should make steering flawless! Only thing to watch on install is instructions say drill 1/2 hole 4” in front of first stud hole , it’s more like 4 1/8 or a little more .
Any update on the trackers? Curious what you think?

Why have the Thundercat rear suspension bolts in the upper hole?
Because that's were they are supposed to be, 20 and newer Yamhas have them in the lower hole not in the right spot in my opion.

Because that's were they are supposed to be, 20 and newer Yamhas have them in the lower hole not in the right spot in my opion.

I have move the bolts to upper hole.

20210213_132312~2.jpg

What does changing the location of the mounting hole do?
Takes a 1/2 ton of weight OFF of the skis. Helps with transfer. Makes the chassis work, like the people who designed it intended. Only reason I can think Yamaha put in lower hole was to compensate for the 4 skis in 4 years program.

I just picked up a Stryke ski kit for my '20 SW, also purchased the Qualipieces (Top Gold) dual offset runners (A08-106-06). Does the leading edge carbide (front) go on the inside of the ski or outside, my runners aren't marked?

Did you get black skis and tips for your 20 sw? I have a red 20 so as well...really wanted red skis but stryke skis don’t come in same red as tuner III does. All black looked like best option. Did you get shim kit too? I am going to make the switch to stryke for next season too. Interested to hear how you like them if able to still ride this season

I got the black skis with the orange handles to match the original skis on my LTX , I noticed the handles are a darker orange but close enough. I purchased the shim kit (apparently makes a huge difference), I was going to go with the Yamaha offset runners but they looked real cheap, ended up with the Qualipieces offset runners, I believe made by TOP GOLD (?)

Post your feedback if you don’t mind if you get some miles on them this season yet.

Will do, the season is pretty much done as far as I can tell.

Still up here riding, pretty good all things considered. I’m hoping to run back up on the 24th for one last blast.

I received this response from Qualipieces in regards to the offset runners,

"The way to find out on which side you must put them depends on which type of rider you are.

If you're an aggressive driver and turn by 'drifting' not really using your ski's you must put the front carbide inside.

If you're turning with your ski's and not too much aggressive, then you should put the front carbide outside so it gives you more control."

Back