• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3" Sandale Hyperflow with a tune and Cold Air Intake, CAI.

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 SIDEWINDER LTX-LE 50th Anniversary
2016 VIPER XTX LE - WHITE,
2009 VENTURE GT,
1995 POLARIS INDY 500,
1984 SKI-DOO CITATION 3500
Good Morning,

I have finally decided to pull the plug on a tune for my 2018 Sidewinder LTX LE. I have picked up a Sandale Hyperflow 3" from Ron Ward in Nova Scotia. I spent an hour discussing clutching, tunes and Snowmobiling in general. A great chat with someone who knows a lot and doesn't hold back with information and solutions to issues. He does TD, Hurricane and one other. He does a clutch kit for the Sidewinder and is an expert at correcting alignment issues with clutch's. A very interesting conversation and I didn't realize he provided as much service as he does.

I am leaning towards a 270 tune from Hurricane to compliment the Sandale Hyperflow and CAI.

I am interested in some feedback on TY'er's that are using the Sandale Hyperflow with a tune. What they are using for a tune? Clutch findings? A/F ratios and leaning out conditions? Other modifications to go with the set up? Good or bad I think it is important for information and findings to be shared.

I'm running the 3" Viney Fab with CAI, BOV and tune bundle from TD. Similar muffler just a little bigger body. Planning on running Max Spool 17 most of the time. Only made a few passes in the grass so far but it runs strong. Should know more in a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure Ben has specific tunes for the 3" exhausts to keep them from going lean.

I ran the 3" Sandale last year, early on before Ben had specific 3"/CAI/BOV tunes - yes it leaned it out over a 2.5" SuperQuiet, it definitely flows more - but you should be all set now providing the tune is specific for it. As always, Ben was super helpful and released the 3" exhaust tunes after I sent him my logs. I had PowerTrail initially but later ran MaxSpool 17, great combos and I can never say enough good things about TD's tunes and support.

This year I'm starting off with the TD StockModMuffler and MaxSpool16. I rode with his SMM last year a fair bit and the reduced exhaust volume was really nice on 300 mile days. I will likely go back and forth between the 2 mufflers this year, MaxSpool17 with the 3" muffler is addicting power.

lots of tunes make power...the difference is in the protections on your motor....almost 10 years of experience in tuning the turbo four strokes....innovator of the knock light and advanced knock detection...regional and hardware sub maps...testing testing testing...TD has no equal here in my opinion..

as to exhausts...beerman and I have both ran the 3" sandale in the past...although not loud.......the drone for me was annoying...

If I had a sidewinder , It would be TD and the 3" quiet exhaust

lots of tunes make power...the difference is in the protections on your motor....almost 10 years of experience in tuning the turbo four strokes....innovator of the knock light and advanced knock detection...regional and hardware sub maps...testing testing testing...TD has no equal here in my opinion..

as to exhausts...beerman and I have both ran the 3" sandale in the past...although not loud.......the drone for me was annoying...

Thanks for the feedback on the Hyperflow. I probably will grow tired of it but I am going to give it a shot.

Just to be clear though. I am only looking for opinions between the tunes not the Tuners.

Both Tuners are very good and have invested a great deal into what they do.

I run the Hurricane 270 tune with a 3” Sandale Hyperflow & Alpha CAI. My biggest concern with the exhaust before I bought it was potential for drone, so I’m sensitive to it. After over 1000 miles in all types of riding conditions I’m very happy to have discovered no drone at all, so not sure what you were hearing?

For reference, my a/f with this setup is around 11.4. Tunes and exhaust are solid. If I was going to have a problem, I’d know it by now. I ride pretty hard and do a lot of WFO lake racing.

I’m on my phone right now, but will try and post up some screen shots of my log files tonight.

I remember Sandale having a post about updating Hurricane tunes with his 3” Hyperflow last year. Probably standard now.

And I agree with the zero drone. It’s a great muffler, especially so for max power.

I remember Sandale having a post about updating Hurricane tunes with his 3” Hyperflow last year. Probably standard now.

And I agree with the zero drone. It’s a great muffler, especially so for max power.

yes Hurricane had to update for 3"sandales....

as to exhaust and sound...hyperflow sensitivity is subjective.....no doubt they flow well....

although I bet the TD intimidator might outflow it now?!

I run the Hurricane 270 tune with a 3” Sandale Hyperflow & Alpha CAI. My biggest concern with the exhaust before I bought it was potential for drone, so I’m sensitive to it. After over 1000 miles in all types of riding conditions I’m very happy to have discovered no drone at all, so not sure what you were hearing?

For reference, my a/f with this setup is around 11.4. Tunes and exhaust are solid. If I was going to have a problem, I’d know it by now. I ride pretty hard and do a lot of WFO lake racing.

I’m on my phone right now, but will try and post up some screen shots of my log files tonight.

Thanks for the testimonial. Its good to know that the A/F ratio is within limits. Definitely a major concern with this amount of gas flow through the motor.

What sort of boost pressures where you seeing?

Boost should inrease with lower ambient temperature, just wondering how much?

My hyperflow was great till around noon. Then i got headaches. Now run a hurricane 2.5 quiet and love it! No more headaches.

yes Hurricane had to update for 3"sandales....

as to exhaust and sound...hyperflow sensitivity is subjective.....no doubt they flow well....

although I bet the TD intimidator might outflow it now?!

Dunno, I'm not as familiar with the TD offerings.

I did get a chance to try the new 3.5" that Sandale is working on, and this is going to be a killer exhaust. Ran the Hyperflow, Heartbreaker, and Outlaw 1.0 back-back, and I don't think the Outlaw was any louder than the Hyperflow. It makes more power on his dyno as well, but I don't know if that info is public so I won't share for now.

I agree with you that sound/drone is subjective. It was my biggest concern with going to a 3" exhaust, and I'm happy with it.

Dunno, I'm not as familiar with the TD offerings.

I did get a chance to try the new 3.5" that Sandale is working on, and this is going to be a killer exhaust. Ran the Hyperflow, Heartbreaker, and Outlaw 1.0 back-back, and I don't think the Outlaw was any louder than the Hyperflow. It makes more power on his dyno as well, but I don't know if that info is public so I won't share for now.

I agree with you that sound/drone is subjective. It was my biggest concern with going to a 3" exhaust, and I'm happy with it.
Wait . . . 3.5"??????

Back