• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

a-arm bushings

natedogg3

Extreme
Anyone used the pioneer performance a- arm bushings??

how do they hold up compared to the ulmer bushings?? Pioneers are made of nylatron and ulmers i believe are a bronze bushing. Pioneers are a bit cheaper.

let me know what you have experienced!!

thx

I'm curious about this too. I bent the subframe i mine this past year and will be rebuilding the front end. Anyone with thoughts?

Ulmer's are oilite, they got oil built in for lubrication. They work great in my phazer.

yamahas said:
Ulmer's are oilite, they got oil built in for lubrication. They work great in my phazer.

i guess the Pioneer performance ones have oil built in as well (self lubricating). Nobody has used them???

I recently installed the Pioneer bushings. I needed them in a hurry. So I googled Nylatron. Here's what I found:

Nylatron is a premium bearing and wear nylon product available today. Solid lubricant additives impart self-lubricating, high pressure/velocity and superior wear resistance characteristics.

The stock bushings are basic plastic. I just don't see how you can go wrong. :home:

We have tested with Nylatron as well as the oilite material when we first made the bushings back in 2004. The nylatron is a upgrade from stock, but it won't last as long as the oilite material.

I put my Ulmer bushings in 2 years ago...still tight, go with Ulmers version, they will last!

I used the pioneer bushings in my 97 700sx many years ago----this is before I really knew Allen and all he goes through to dial us in---- go with his kit--

Tod

What/where are the problem bushings. How can such an issue remain unsolved for this many yrs; by yamaha that is.

romie said:
What/where are the problem bushings. How can such an issue remain unsolved for this many yrs; by yamaha that is.

Don't think it's just a Yamaha issue. My buddy and brother in law both have Doo XPs...both replaced the cheap plastic bushings with an oilite type bushing due to premature wear. My Nytro had 2300 miles on the original bushings and probably didn't need to be changed but I didn't feel like doing it in the winter if they went so I changed them before I ever rode the sled to be on the safe side.

I went with the Ulmer Oil Lite Bushings too. I too had a bent subframe, and I am rebuilding the front end as well. I am also going to get Ulmers lower ball joint kit too. I would recommend getting an OFT Relocator during your rebuild.

To me, plastic is plastic, no matter what fancy name you give it. I went with the Oilites to replace the plastic ones. They'll likely outlast the sled itself. Do it once, do it right!

i helped my dad put all the bushings in the front of his apex and there was still play in them with pioneer kit,i put ulmers in my nytro last night and it is so nice and tight.I put oil lite bushings in one of my doo's and the same nice tight fit.they were in the doo for 2 seasons and 5000 miles and they were still good as new.go with the oil lite everytime, pay a bit more now or end up buying them anyhow later

snox31 said:
i helped my dad put all the bushings in the front of his apex and there was still play in them with pioneer kit,i put ulmers in my nytro last night and it is so nice and tight.I put oil lite bushings in one of my doo's and the same nice tight fit.they were in the doo for 2 seasons and 5000 miles and they were still good as new.go with the oil lite everytime, pay a bit more now or end up buying them anyhow later

Yeah, i have used the oil lites in my last 2 doos!! had 8000 miles on my sdi with oil lites and was still as tight as when i put them in. I know the bronze bushings are a GREAT product!! Guess i will get Ulmers kit!!

thanks for all the great feedback in this thread!!!!!

:Rockon:

Back