• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket clutch weight testing from this weekend

Will the stock clutch kit be trail friendly or pure race results? Looking for a little edge without a tune the first yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the stock clutch kit be trail friendly or pure race results? Looking for a little edge without a tune the first yr.

Yes. All of this clutching is being done for the trail. There are good gains over stock. With a low smooth engagement.

Just curious, are you guys doing all the testing on just NOS's XTX or do you have an LTX there as well?

Just as Shagman mentioned....yes, made for trail and off-trail. Low engagement is easier on the sled, belt and you. When you have low engagement you can crawl up on top of the snow instead of digging holes and it also allows you to cross roads without spinning/breaking the track loose and lets you creep up to the gas pumps or on/off trailers with ease. Only time you need high engagement is if you are racing ice or grass.

Uhm no. It was 3-4 passes and we thought you were going to crash slowing down!

Yeah, it was crazy fast!

Just curious, are you guys doing all the testing on just NOS's XTX or do you have an LTX there as well?

Using my sled right now which is an XTX. I will have other sleds to run and test soon as soon as they get them....but results will or should be very close.

Can you share more? Clutch weights are OSP? And they like lots of tip weights I here?

Can you share more? Clutch weights are OSP? And they like lots of tip weights I here?

I will share everything when testing is done. Timers will be setup next time out and will have numbers. Both Vipers and Sidewinders love tip weight. This is why the stock 8GL weights would over-rev, slip the belt and cause all the belt dust. The SW stock clutching is pretty good from stock (glad they finally listened to Shagman, Bill and myself).

The 1st kit is Thunder Products....that I can disclose because I gave a good kit setup to Lonn that I, Shagman, boostednytro, murdered137, cannondale and others that witnessed and the look on their faces proves my testing from Saturday .... which everyone will be very happy with. (This of course was tested on loose grass and good solid sod so it should be right on the money or damn close). The best part of this is the adjustability of the weights, add or take away weight to get the right rpm....even after the sled breaks in more. Talked to Lonn yesterday and more custom springs are being made at this moment.

The other weights I am working on are hush hush right now because they are still in testing. The setup is real close...but trying a few things yet because I know there is more potential.

Not trying to be a spoil-sport...but with testing I want to provide the best kit setup for these amazing advertisers here with real world results and times....not just kits made from dyno pulls.

My challenge is to have others that live close to me with a SW that want to try out either one or both of these kits.

Currently working on a members clutch setup now.... Hoping he may want to bring his sled and try these setups on the same test path? I know he's watching this post ;) ;)!

My challenge is to have others that live close to me with a SW that want to try out either one or both of these kits.

Currently working on a members clutch setup now.... Hoping he may want to bring his sled and try these setups on the same test path? I know he's watching this post ;) ;)!

Now you're just not being fair...lol

Back