• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket clutch weight testing from this weekend

try a dayco xtx 44.5 " by 1.415" belt wps #220-35033 8jps are only 1.359 " wide

measure it first ...Nice ....you might get 15 thou belt clearance...wider is better....longer belt will pull rpm down..shift harder...if you felt it was over overrevving this will be good..
It will be hard to feel with so much HP.

You may feel it more if you run 1/2 to 3/4 speed and compare

I am probably going to machine my clutches to fit the longest of the Doo race belts... 1.5 wide about that same length. I will leave that on 100% and work with the clutches,

Ran a much longer belt on 99 sled..did the above...cool running

I did a removal of the air filter and made a short pass to see what it felt like.

Definitely could use an open filter element....but need to watch afr's
I wonder if any of these companies will be offering a snorkel intake that comes outside the chassis and pulls cold air with one of them filters with the outerwears pre filter on it?

I wonder if any of these companies will be offering a snorkel intake that comes outside the chassis and pulls cold air with one of them filters with the outerwears pre filter on it?

In the works ;)!

My challenge is to have others that live close to me with a SW that want to try out either one or both of these kits.

Currently working on a members clutch setup now.... Hoping he may want to bring his sled and try these setups on the same test path? I know he's watching this post ;) ;)!
I surely would like to! BUT my ecu is not with me at this time. The muffler runs a little lean with hard pulls. I was told for what its worth "long hard pulls - run at your own risk" Only if I had my ECU? When you testing again?

I surely would like to! BUT my ecu is not with me at this time. The muffler runs a little lean with hard pulls. I was told for what its worth "long hard pulls - run at your own risk" Only if I had my ECU? When you testing again?
O wait I dont have any clutches either! :cool:

O wait I dont have any clutches either! :cool:
Yep saw your clutches. So did Terry's kitten. Then she stuck her paw inside the splined portion of the secondary. White foot was no longer white about 1 1/2" of it anyway. Have you ever tried to wash a cats foot when they have claws and don't like water. Good thing for Dawn dish soap. It was funny , Terry was not impressed. That cat is like Curious George. lol

LOL! I have your clutches so I can install them.

Thinking Sunday for testing

Yep saw your clutches. So did Terry's kitten. Then she stuck her paw inside the splined portion of the secondary. White foot was no longer white about 1 1/2" of it anyway. Have you ever tried to wash a cats foot when they have claws and don't like water. Good thing for Dawn dish soap. It was funny , Terry was not impressed. That cat is like Curious George. lol
Sounds like a Cat/Yamaha relationship. Hey maybe we are on to something !!!

IMG_0268.JPG
Lol. Here kitty kitty.

Please keep your cat away from the Sidewinder. It's bad enough Cat built the thing. Snakes=good Cats=bad

Back