• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket clutch weight testing from this weekend

NOS-PRO

"The Burnman"
Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, SR Viper XTX, SR Viper XTX, 2016 Apex XTX and Pro-Line Pro Stock 1000
Another great weekend and all I can say is DAMNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :) Results are in!!!
Thanks to Cannondale, BoostedNytro, Shagman, Murdered137 and a few others that stopped by this weekend....great to see you guys!

Once again, the SW likes a lot of tip weight. Now these setups are in testing phase and notes were sent to both advertisers here on TY. I will not let the cat out of the bag until we have a little test time on snow as the grass is getting us really close, but want to make these the best kits out there.

Started out stock, made 3 passes and then started throwing clutch weight setups at it. The first weight setup was put together by Shagman and had too low of engagement....but the 2nd setup he gave me was spot on with the secondary stock 35° helix and spring! Super low engagement (2,400), unreal pull from bottom to top end carrying the skis the whole way down, 9,170 rpm, clutches very cool and this was with an 8JP belt.

The 2nd weight setup was put together, run after run and finally got a good setup. Engagement very low (2,500-2,600) Arm stretch till I let off and might need a helix....but still testing. My lawn has stripes and all the test paths had their very own so I could measure how the grass was pulled up by each clutch weight setup.

You all would be amazed at the power the SW is putting to the ground stock, but with these aftermarket companies making awesome aftermarket weights......My God! a 50 foot difference from stock to aftermarket setups how the ground is being lifted!!!!! Yes, these kits will be available very soon!

@murdered137 will tell you what he saw when he stopped over.

@boostednytro @shagman can verify this

Timing setup is ready when the rain quits and will have specific data on the improvements.....but right now I see 4 mph improvement in just 300-400 ft. and the sled actually is starting to scare me it's becoming so fast

Most of you may know that I don't like to sugar coat things, but when a product works this good I will attest to it, and this sidewinder with these aftermarket goodies is the real deal, the fu#$&@ takes off like a top fuel dragster, carrying the ski's the entire way, not to mention sounds awesome!!

how about a kit for a bone stk. sw ?

how about a kit for a bone stk. sw ?

We have one for stock SW and the information was given to the vendors.

That is what we were working on along with EVP's stages.

NOS-PRO is correct. After riding a turbo Viper for 3 years this sidewinder is extremely impressive. The power comes on quicker than the viper at a lower rpm. There are going to be a lot of happy sidewinder owners out there. And probably some sad viper turbo owners as their buddy goes by them with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOS-PRO is correct. After riding a turbo Viper for 3 years this sidewinder is extremely impressive. The power comes on quicker than the viper at a lower rpm. There are going to be a lot of happy sidewinder owners out there. And probably some sad viper turbo owners as their buddy goes by them with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess next year it's trade in for a SW or pimp my Viper out lol.

Thanks for your time and parts you guys are putting into this!

Hopefully this rain will end soon otherwise I will have to set up buoys in the yard and have watercross testing....

Next test is 8DN equivalent 4340 and 8JP equivalent Carbon Fiber belts.

Oh, and different helix

Hopefully this rain will end soon otherwise I will have to set up buoys in the yard and have watercross testing....

Next test is 8DN equivalent 4340 and 8JP equivalent Carbon Fiber belts.
try a dayco xtx 44.5 " by 1.415" belt wps #220-35033 8jps are only 1.359 " wide

Reactions: RJH
try a dayco xtx 44.5 " by 1.415" belt wps #220-35033 8jps are only 1.359 " wide

I think I have one....have to pull it off of the shelf and try it.

I tried a wider Arctic Cat belt when I was messing with the Viper, same length just wider.....didn't go to well.

What's the filter mod?
I did a removal of the air filter and made a short pass to see what it felt like.

Definitely could use an open filter element....but need to watch afr's

Back