• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air Fuel Sensor and Race Fuel??

snowmaaan

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder, Viper XTX Turbo, Apex SE, Vmax 4, SRX 700
My sled has had race fuel since the SC was installed...I am seeing rather high number which dont change a great deal with the addition of fuel via the controller. I know the controller is working as the motor changes idle speed, etc when fuel numbers change.

My question is that I have heard that race fuel is hard on o2 sensors due to the lead...anyone else know this to be true? Is there a way to calibrate it with clean air and or clean it?

Thanks!

You can test it but I would say just buy a new one and compare the 2. O2 sensors are cheap cheap compared to an engine imo. I like to have a spare on hand all the time.

Yes it is hard on sensors mine crapped out after running c-16 thought sled was way lean but put in new sensor and it was perfect, suggest if it seems to be running fine then try new sensor before making alot of changes.

They won't survive running on leaded fuels. Some says the NTK sensors work with leaded fuel, but they are not cheap by any means.

snowmaaan said:
My sled has had race fuel since the SC was installed...I am seeing rather high number which dont change a great deal with the addition of fuel via the controller. I know the controller is working as the motor changes idle speed, etc when fuel numbers change.

My question is that I have heard that race fuel is hard on o2 sensors due to the lead...anyone else know this to be true? Is there a way to calibrate it with clean air and or clean it?

Thanks!

Mine just did the same thing...pegged at 14.7 or moved very little. $140 for a new o2 sensor and all is good again.

Ya, the price I had to pay to have it right now. I spoke to Napa but they were talking looking it up in a catalogue and talking to thier importer....long whiney story.

Maybe I should order one in before this one goes. I'm hoping now that I have my idle issue figured our this one will last longer than 500kms.

I have the same problem with O2 sensor, using Bosch 17014. $92 @ Bumper to Bumper. Hooped in 30 miles. Would it last longer if I only used for tuning then cut power to it or would I have to remove it & store out of exhaust ?

Back