• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Airbox Mod Warning

What are you going to use to replace that plastic piece from the excell kit?

Will be interested in how it turns out, as I will probably replace mine in the summer for piece of mind.

Mine came with a similar looking piece, thicker maybe? I know I put a bead of epoxy around the edge of it to help hold it in place

Old topic I know but...working on this mod and after opening up my airbox i noticed the telltale white dust residue from the plate rubbing. Only have 700km on sled. Really dont like the idea of that dust constantly being sucked into the engine. I know cannondale27 mentioned he took the plate rjght out for a short period without any noticeable difference in performance. Anyone have it out long term? Any ill effects? Any reduction in performance vs. the mod with the plate in?

Thanks for the info. Finished the air box tonight and decided to leave the plate out. From further reading it sounds like the consensus is the mod performs the same with or without. Given the wear on mine in its stock form in just a short time I don't want it anywhere near my intakes. Incredibly bad design . Thought about gluing but worried about some of that coming loose after 3 or 4 summer - winter cycles. Well on to the next project.

Back