• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Airbox Mod Warning

Let me know, he gave me 3 slide valves and 3 cone valves. Pretty tight fit.

The knobby (or cone) are nice, but I am sticking with the slides with this new mod.

As many holes and cuts as you guys have you may as well just go with pods.

I hear ya bud....still trying to get that tunnel-ram effect. Plus keeping the airbox hoses somewhere to go.....

Just removed my airbox the other night, trying to get the sled all ready for the white stuff. When I pulled the airbox apart I also found my divide cracked, and has a chunk fall out when I removed the screw. I am also running the excell intake. I think I am just going to end up running without the divider I don't want to risk plastic getting into the engine!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 312
I just finished a full airbox mod on my wifes ZR. It has 2300 miles and see the support fin has worn part way thru the divider plate. It was all stock. I believe all the divider plates will fail given enough time. It is not due to alterations made to the airbox. No different than scoring plastic, it makes a stress riser for an easy fracture. I discarded the divider.

Sure would hate to think what could happen if part of it went into engine.
Ditch the stock airbox , and get ulmers intake (3 k&n filters) I like mine.

I just did the air box mod yesterday. I noticed all the white dicolouration of the divider and mine has a slight crack in it as well. What should I do? Remove the divider totally or leave it.

Who told you that? I did it and could not notice any difference with it removed. Really no other choice anyhow.
Seems to be stingray's opinion

He is talking about the K&N's. I know nothing about them.
They must be doing something, sled without them wouldn't go past 82, now it hitting 88 pretty consistently without any other mods.

Back