• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

any reviews on the evo flash yet?

OK Friday 14 hrs of driving to get my 15 from Ulmer and back to my shop at 7:30 pm. It was -2 f when I got there. Tried to start it on the trailer and 4 kickbacks until it fired :ban: put it in the shop at 60 f and installed carbides, rox riser and several other treats. When done it fired right up and put it on trailer at 10:30 went home. Got up at 5 am drove to Hurley, WI at 9 am and -5 f 2 kickbacks and no start. Pissed :o| put battery charger on it for hour while unloading gear and dressing. It fired right up drove 79 miles stopping 3 times to shut off and fire back up and about 4 turns fires up and no kickbacks. I forgot Ulmer had it 4 months and never on tender so battery was at minimum to turn it over now:p

Ok here is my thoughts on EVO flash and header and maxflow 7000 muffler. Could not be happier sled is pulling 9400 with big Venom clutch kit saw 106 mph on road today if I come on to it hard no studs it will tap rev limiter with no traction. I have no start issues hot or cold but what I do is turn ignition immediately and keep it turned on even when sled is started for a good 3-5 seconds. The sled sounds amazing when driving it and even better listening to someone else riding it. For clutching the weights are bare except for 3/4 set screw in heal.

Ok here is my thoughts on EVO flash and header and maxflow 7000 muffler. Could not be happier sled is pulling 9400 with big Venom clutch kit saw 106 mph on road today if I come on to it hard no studs it will tap rev limiter with no traction. I have no start issues hot or cold but what I do is turn ignition immediately and keep it turned on even when sled is started for a good 3-5 seconds. The sled sounds amazing when driving it and even better listening to someone else riding it. For clutching the weights are bare except for 3/4 set screw in heal.
What evo flash have you done? Any air box mods?

How many miles did you guys put on last season / this season Before the Evo Flash? Other than the starting mentioned, how is the engine performing throughout the rpm range? I'm more curious with boosted applications but will enjoy N/A engines as well.

Do your self a huge favour and put a Hindle header on, it fits way better, won't burn your heat shield in several places and crack it all to s--t. I have one of each and the Hindle also makes better power. And the best part"it's in Canadian Dollars".

Where and when did you get the Evo header?

Bought it from you, December 2014
Sold a few for sure but what forum names ya never know sometimes, or if they are on forums. Just saw Rider Nation. So you have the same header as I do from last year that had the bellows. I definately had to "massage" the heat shield on some to make it not rub. Others we did were not as tight. The slip joint this year is better, no shield issues, but some are closer to the motor than others.
Probably built 50 Hindle exhausts back in '12 for 1100s, I didn't realize they were built in Canada thou...

Nice info bud :)

Is this what everyone is running for max rpm with the evo reflash?

It's a good "maximum" rpm. Shoot for 9,300-9,350

LOL I run mine at 9600+
Stingray you are this perfect guinea pig :Rockon:lol!!!! I like that you have the balls to experiment/ attempt and different mods without out skipping a beat!!! Thanks to you and many others here, we (viper owners) can unleash some extra hp in our sleds knowing it's been tested and proven!!!

Stingray you are this perfect guinea pig :Rockon:lol!!!! I like that you have the balls to experiment/ attempt and different mods without out skipping a beat!!! Thanks to you and many others here, we (viper owners) can unleash some extra hp in our sleds knowing it's been tested and proven!!!

And those RPM are on a 162 track with 3 inch lugs and 285 horsepower......if it doesn't break then I think you are ok.

And before you ask that is not my hand in the pic........... but note the recalled RPM and the air intake temp with EVO turbo

rpm.jpg

Back