• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anybody Added A Super-Charger Yet?????

Bodacious

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Looking for feed back from those of you that have added a SC to an 06' EFI 4-cyl. Interested in your real world experiences with this set-up! Thanks in advance! ;)!

Supercharger

Look up Blownapex, Jerry Rister installed one last winter and we rode a couple of trips together, very impressive, fun stuff, not sure about long distance trail riding, see what Jerry thinks...

Ron M

Wow, I guess after all there is not to many people has done it yet! I'm very interrested in SC for EFI, but I don't one to be in the first group. I guess it much more technical to play with EFI than just carbs. Will keep listenning for any updates on this.

What is it you would like to know? I have one installed and couldn't be happier or recommed anything more highly from my own experiences. Its the fastest thing I have ever ridden and I have had some big iron 1050cc tripples and such. Its the smoothest running add gas and go setup I have ever had. EFI box is spot on and works perfectly more throttle response then stock. Will practically fip over backwards anytime unless your leaning over the bars. This is a short track with reverse. Clutched and geared for trail riding running over 130 in 2000'

Well here it goes:

Did you perform the install your self, was it really plug & play?

How much mileage do you have on your SC.

I think there were two EFI box, did you get the first or second édition?

and finally, did you have to get anything else beside gauges to run it?

Thank you

The install was performed myself with my father Im 24 but have alot of turbo experience with tuner car's I own a turbo eagle talon that runs 12's.

Took us 3 evenings working at leisure from 6 about 10 each night.

I have 1500 miles at 6 psi and 1500 miles at 10 psi on pump fuel 91 octane.

Im not sure on the EFI box I just got it with the kit that came from MPI I bought the kit in January ordered it on a thursday overnighted.

MPI gave me the box settings I run a boost gauge and a WB which they say I don't need and I believe at 5 psi you don't need it.

Other then that clutching and gas thats it. Oh and something to tie your hands to the bars with to hold on :Rockon:

If there is anything I can do to answer stuff I will. I am very pleased with this kit. I have nothing to gain from telling you either way. I also like this fact that I thought of after the install. With a turbo you have to dismantle alot of the sled alot of holes and cutting need to be done (from what I know) correct me if Im wrong and I will gladly change this. With the SC its literally bolt on you have a drill a couple holes but nothing that cannot be put back to factory. I also like the idea ride it a couple seasons back to stock sell the sled and bolt onto the newer apex(as long as it doesn't change much) and your off again. With a sled say like my 1050 tripple in the rev I played with you have to build a motor now you cannot go back to stock the crank cylinders pipes etc have to be sold at a loss to you to get rid of the thing. With the SC its bolt on and take off again to sell the sled and your not taking that huge loss if you sell the thing. I love the idea of that because I still have my 1050 rev sitting here trying to sell it but no one wants to pay for it.

I am getting 100 miles to a tank of fuel riding the hell out of it. It was only stock for one weekend before it was supercharged so I can't tell you what mileage it was getting.

I got the same mileage a7 said, a little better than 100 mile to a tank after getting the fuel mapping dialed in. I am running 10# boost on pump gas with triple head gaskets to lower compression. Slad ran awsome and will hopefully have more time this winter to really get it dialed in. You must use A/F gauge if you want to tune otherwise you are just tuning by the seat of your pants and your gas mileage will really suffer.

Back