• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone having issues with TD power trail reflash

Pulled the trigger on the powertrail and super quiet, can't wait to try it out
Tested and true.

Today I have a guy who owned a motec 1200 turbo sled running big power and high boost. He called me Today after trying his brand new td powertrail super quiet Dalton weight sidewinder.

He's all worried... He ask me word for word. "Are you sure this is safe on 91???"

I ask why?

He doesn't answer.

I ask does it pull hard?

He's like yeah it's insane...

So what's the problem??

I don't have a boost gauge so I'm worried I'm over boosting because this just pulls too hard for 15psi. It feels like a 1200 ski doo high compression at 15psi!

I told him no worries lots of safeties. He said that's what I wanted to hear... After asking him a few questions on clutching and rpm everything is good. Told him No worries enjoy... just use 91 octane fuel.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

Tested and true.

Today I have a guy who owned a motec 1200 turbo sled running big power and high boost. He called me Today after trying his brand new td powertrail super quiet Dalton weight sidewinder.

He's all worried... He ask me word for word. "Are you sure this is safe on 91???"

I ask why?

He doesn't answer.

I ask does it pull hard?

He's like yeah it's insane...

So what's the problem??

I don't have a boost gauge so I'm worried I'm over boosting because this just pulls too hard for 15psi. It feels like a 1200 ski doo high compression at 15psi!

I told him no worries lots of safeties. He said that's what I wanted to hear... After asking him a few questions on clutching and rpm everything is good. Told him No worries enjoy... just use 91 octane fuel.

If I get to a pump and there is no 91 am I ok to run 87 if I take it easy? Throw in a little octane boost and I'll be fine??

If I get to a pump and there is no 91 am I ok to run 87 if I take it easy? Throw in a little octane boost and I'll be fine??
sounds like a whole new thread and i would be interested to know of a product that is fully tested by a tuner that doesn't harm or leave residue. don't know if the tuners want to open that can...

Yes you can absolutely. But for best performance and safety on 87 octane fuel, torco additive is the best we've tested followed with vp octanium. Half a can is all you need.

This has been tested extensively for many years on the 2 cylinder 1100 turbo platform which was very knock sensitive vs this yamaha motor.

No issues with deposit even on long term use. Many 1100 turbo guys where running upwards of 270hp on 91 plus torco additive on a 2 cylinder motor.

Yes you can absolutely. But for best performance and safety on 87 octane fuel, torco additive is the best we've tested followed with vp octanium. Half a can is all you need.

This has been tested extensively for many years on the 2 cylinder 1100 turbo platform which was very knock sensitive vs this yamaha motor.

No issues with deposit even on long term use. Many 1100 turbo guys where running upwards of 270hp on 91 plus torco additive on a 2 cylinder motor.

Torch accelerator? Where can u get it in Canada?

Ben, I assumed the factory protections will come into play if ONLY 87 is avail.....and the ECU would simply pull timing and boost and would feel it?

I had to throw 5 bucks of 87 in last week to get back, it was over top of 1/3 tank of 91. So it was mixed. And she ran strong as ever.

Let us know what the factory protections will do for us on 87 when pushed.

If it were me I would just throw in the 87 and add a half bottle of Lucas octane boost from C-tire. I always have a bottle with me in case I needed it and I ahve had to use 87 many times on the 1100 and it is way more finicky than this new one is.

Jester

If it were me I would just throw in the 87 and add a half bottle of Lucas octane boost from C-tire. I always have a bottle with me in case I needed it and I ahve had to use 87 many times on the 1100 and it is way more finicky than this new one is.

Jester
agree Bud......With my cat(w/knock light) ...anytime I saw that LED knock light flash, I could add half a bottle of Lucas octane boost and the knock light would be gone. I used that stuff exclusively if/when needed.

But I think all the safeguards in this new engine/ecu it just pulls things back auto. Makes it alot safer. But would like to hear Bens response on what ECU does on its own when knock gets detected(IE: low octane)

Dan

Also curious on Ben's thoughts.

On a side note - Do you guys know if the fuel additive like Torco expires? I have a can from a good 5 years ago that has never been opened. Wondering if I can use it when needed or if I should get a fresh can. Obviously I'll get a fresh can if any question... but might as well use it if it never "expires"

agree Bud......With my cat(w/knock light) ...anytime I saw that LED knock light flash, I could add half a bottle of Lucas octane boost and the knock light would be gone. I used that stuff exclusively if/when needed.

But I think all the safeguards in this new engine/ecu it just pulls things back auto. Makes it alot safer. But would like to hear Bens response on what ECU does on its own when knock gets detected(IE: low octane)

Dan
Hey guys been super busy lately.
The knock startegie is usual timing being pulled and a safe mode for timing and fuel.

Back